New SRAM X-SYNC direct mount chain rings

News bot

Making SRAM 1x even better with the simplicity of the new SRAM X-SYNC Direct Mount chain ring. Engineered in Germany, the new Direct Mount rings bring lighter weight and greater simplicity to XX1, X01 and X1-1400 cranksets. SRAM’s Direct Mount rings give riders the perfect opportunity for a serious upgrade.

Click here to view the article

agreed marius. minimal weight saving, but i guess the value lies in the total saving. I recently bought into this concept for my next whip's drivetrain for no reason other than it looks interesting. hahahah utterly useless i know. At least you can switch back to a spider if wanting to move to a 2x crank setup.

Its not about the weight saving as much as it alleviates the possibility of creaking from the chainring bolts

Its not about the weight saving as much as it alleviates the possibility of creaking from the chainring bolts

from what i've read, apparently, its mostly to do with loss of pedaling efficiency due to deflections in the spider and the reduction in mass that comes with ditching the spider. No mention of squeak being an overriding concern from the few articles read. Much of a muchness. 

Sorry Capricorn, I should have put "for me" in front of my last comment

wasn't dissing your post, just saying i didnt pick up that particular problem. in fact, i wasn't sure if your post was tongue in cheek so to speak ;) but ya. guess i'll find out what the fuss is all about. damn well better be a tangible difference cos it aint cheap :P

Hi feetup

We've been told that late January / early February stock should start trickling in.

All intelligent and rational comments aside...I want one because its such a great idea and because I just do - love it !