Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're quite common. New you're looking at around R11k - R12k for 29ers.

Mine are 26" I bought both sets at around R4.5k second hand in excellent condition.

The 29er SLR's have now been superseded by the "Mavic Crossmax SL Pro" which go for R15k a set!! On Evobike's web shop.

I would just keep your eyes on the classifieds

They're quite common. New you're looking at around R11k - R12k for 29ers.

Mine are 26" I bought both sets at around R4.5k second hand in excellent condition.

The 29er SLR's have now been superseded by the "Mavic Crossmax SL Pro" which go for R15k a set!! On Evobike's web shop.

I would just keep your eyes on the classifieds

Ja, I saw that they're 26" and that is why I commented. I would like a pair for my Trance. Still, perhaps there is a 650B Trance in the not-too-distant future so perhaps I'll put it off until then.

Cheers.

Edited by sawystertrance

think you have protection on the wrong chainstay

Nope. Seat Stay needs protection from a flappy chain as well. Just that he doesn't have one on the chainstay... 

Protection not required with the clutch derailleur

Protection not required with the clutch derailleur

My chain (X9 type 2 RD, XX1 chainring) begs to differ. Came off twice on Sunday. Yes, it's the right length. 

Moral of the story - a clutch type derailleur and profiled tooth chainring is better for the majority f riders, but when the going gets bumpy, a chain guide is always necessary. 

:) jip, we doing quite a bit of adventure riding, that harties photo was taken on our  way to Magalies on one of our training rides leading up to the Trans Africa race that took place in October... LOVE THE BIKE and LOVE TO RIDE

We off to Nelspruit this coming Friday, we will be cycling back to Pretoria via Sabie/Dullstroom/Stofberg/Loskop

Always wanted to tick the "Longtom Pass" off my bucket list, and that i can do this Saturday...

Flip that looks amazing! If you do that again and are open to tag-alongers, please let me know.

Here's my Giant @ harties on Saturday morning.

post-16445-0-84483600-1418902245_thumb.jpg