The 'Shared Misery Club' Thread

Lurch the stalker

After reading and posting on the December 2014 Holiday Ride Pics - Where had your bike taken you whilst on holiday? thread, I thought we needed a thread to 'show off' damage to ourselves and our bikes that has occurred over the holiday period.

To start off, Saturday 13 December, snapped the rear derailleur on my road bike. 

post-63215-0-59929900-1419059086_thumb.jpg

Tuesday, 16 December, snapped my collarbone (again) and other less substantial damage going down with the MTB.

post-63215-0-05378300-1418821760_thumb.jpg

I hope everybody else is able to keep themselves and their bikes in one piece...don't follow my examples ;)
Edited by Lurch

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bike's fine, but I blixemed off my bike on a rocky section of Mamba? at Tokai, on Wed at 8ish. Had to ride back to Lakeside with my hand tucked into my shirt.

Compression fracture of my wrist, that took the ortho 2 hrs to repair. Bloody sore today.

post-2975-1419151430,9114.jpg

post-2975-1419151461,7423.jpg

Glad to report that I'm fine, but I feel for the both of you, because I have done both those 2 fractures in the past, collarbone once, wrist twice. Heal well!

Guest DieBees

After reading and posting on the December 2014 Holiday Ride Pics - Where had your bike taken you whilst on holiday? thread, I thought we needed a thread to 'show off' damage to ourselves and our bikes that has occurred over the holiday period.

To start off, Saturday 13 December, snapped the rear derailleur on my road bike.

IMG_0350.JPG

Tuesday, 16 December, snapped my collarbone (again) and other less substantial damage going down with the MTB.

I hope everybody else is able to keep themselves and their bikes in one piece...don't follow my examples ;)

Dammit. How is that for bad luck! Watch out for the third strike. It might be even worse.

Guest DieBees

My bike's fine, but I blixemed off my bike on a rocky section of Mamba? at Tokai, on Wed at 8ish. Had to ride back to Lakeside with my hand tucked into my shirt.

Compression fracture of my wrist, that took the ortho 2 hrs to repair. Bloody sore today.

Ow!!!!! This too. It looks bloody sore!!! Heal quick.

I sadly haven't had a chance to bliksem off the bike as I haven't been able to ride the last 2 weeks.

Struggling with a tight chest and suffering with bad head / ear aches :-(

Hope you all heel soon!

I know the feeling all too well.  Tore the ligaments in my thumb on the 30th Nov last year and was out the whole holidays. 

Guest DieBees

Feel your pain... my collarbone and 4 broken ribs earlier this month...

ouch. That bone is shattered!!!! Ha, I wonder what spouses must think. So, we are watching a movie, and all of a sudden Kowus jumps up and takes pics with his cellphone of his broken bones. Let them wonder, explaining this thread on the internet machine will just confuse them more. :)

Guest DieBees

Thought this thread would be for the dorks going to work tomorrow

Ha ha. Too sharp!

Day 2 of my holiday. ... freak fall on my bike resulted in a shattered wrist ... 1 plate, 7 pins and a not-so-fashionable accessory I will be wearing for my entire holiday . ..????

Happy trails folks! Be safe.

post-43120-0-98236800-1419191612_thumb.jpg

Day 2 of my holiday. ... freak fall on my bike resulted in a shattered wrist ... 1 plate, 7 pins and a not-so-fashionable accessory I will be wearing for my entire holiday . ..

Yea and only 3km's into our ride,heal soon mate.

Day 2 of my holiday. ... freak fall on my bike resulted in a shattered wrist ... 1 plate, 7 pins and a not-so-fashionable accessory I will be wearing for my entire holiday . ..

Ouch! How long to heal?