D2D DNFs

Thyolo

Following on from the "how long was your D2D" survey (about 108kms depending on the amount of swerving); I'd be keen to know if there are others who finished but were given DNF by Championchip.

I slogged round the course for hours and crossed the mats to be given DNF.  Looking on the website 250 out of 850 starters were DNF.

Is this people giving up on a tough race in difficult conditions or does Championchip not do well in the rain?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Michelle

It looks like out of all the people that I checked from The Hub, the only finishers I can find was Bruce, MichH, IanJ & Sonic... well done to all of you!! Clap

Bruce: Great time & placing.. almost a podium spot!! Thumbs%20Up

Michelle2006-09-18 01:19:41

And "Spinnekop" and "Man with No Name" not sure if the other two TCS guys in A bunch are Hubbers Confused.

I confused the hell out of the CC timing system. I started with the tandems at 6h21 then discovered that I could not engage the big chainring so we turned back , borrowed a screwdriver and had a go at fixing the problem and then restarted the race at 7h00.

I could not fix the problem so we spent the entire race in the middle chain ring with a chain that was rubbing against the cage.

Everytime I saw a vehicle parked at the side of the road I stopped and tried to borrow a screwdriver. Eventually I gave up and spun home in just over 4 hours.

Where was the Cruxie van when I needed it? 

Thanks Michelle.  I had a good ride.  Making progress as it was one of my major goals to get into a break with Marco van Biljoen and the other proper riders!!

Lost all momentum at the finish due to the water on the second last corner.  I was behind Marco and when David Labuschagne nearly hit the deck we both had to slow down.

Anyway, we got a podium for the team so I'm really happy about that.

Guest Michelle

Gumpole: Yesterday was my last race with Club 100 - we made it all the way to Fourways then decided to turn around & head back home.  I am soooo disappointed that I didn't get to ride.  Cry  I went to so much effort to prepare last week & I felt 100% healthy & ready!

Looking at the DNF's & the problems people experienced I'm pretty sure I made the right choice though. 

Only problem is now I don't have a good seeding race for 94.7 Ouch

Only problem is now I don't have a good seeding race for 94.7 Ouch

Cradle is probably your best bet next weekend. Profile is tough but not as bad as D2D.

Thylo     ..... I think DNFs are those who crossed the mat to start the timing, then failed to cross them at the end.

Only those competitors with chips were listed as starters and featured in the results - it was a 'no chip-no result' race.

There were only about 148 listed finishers in the 60 and 30km mtb race, but I know there was many more, many many more.

The Cresta is even better, One tough hill at the beginning, then it is mostly fast and flattish... However if you are riding in the elite ladies that hill will be painful!

Following on from the "how long was your D2D" survey (about 108kms depending on the amount of swerving); I'd be keen to know if there are others who finished but were given DNF by Championchip.

I slogged round the course for hours and crossed the mats to be given DNF.  Looking on the website 250 out of 850 starters were DNF.

Is this people giving up on a tough race in difficult conditions or does Championchip not do well in the rain?

Thyolo, send a mail to Championchip with your chip details and approximate finishing time. They are usually pretty good at fixing things. You will probably find your chip did not register at the finish mat.