Why you should avoid debris on the road... Ouch!!

Raydek

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight into the front wheel spokes and over he goes. Check out the frame just after it get's in the spokes - he's almost upside down, still with his hands in the drops!

post-53371-0-69512000-1420025243_thumb.png

Straight into the front wheel spokes and over he goes. Check out the frame just after it get's in the spokes - he's almost upside down, still with his hands in the drops!

flip.png

Aero is everything!

That's flipping crazy. I'll stick to Mtb thanks!

Road riding is not for sissies!! MTB is much easier hence the new fangled dirt roadie.

A Friend of mine went cycling on 16 Dec and had a similar fall..rode through water and didn't see the pothole under the water. Went over the handlebars, plenty of scars on him and the bike.

attachicon.gifflip.png

Form is everything.

Must say some of his mates showed some excellent handling skills.

Gonna get nailed for saying this..hehe. Friends must be avid mountain bikers with handling skills like that.

Gonna get nailed for saying this..hehe. Friends must be avid mountain bikers with handling skills like that.

You obviously don't own a road bike, do you?

A few years ago I bought a road bike again after a 15 year stint doing mtb only. Took me a few months of riding that bike 4 - 5 days a week before I could safely say I was no longer a danger to myself and those around me in the bunch. Even skilled mtb'ers look like clumsy ducks out of water on a road bike.

And some of the slickest handlers of a bike I've ever seen are roadies.

By far the biggest stereotypers of others are mountain bikers. It's always the case. Can't fathom why they have this superior attitude about themselves, especially considering the hardest, toughest, most competitive, bad ass cyclists I've met are often the ones who race road bikes.