Report: Biking in the Bosch mountain bike camp

Kylie

Anyone who has participated in any form of mountain biking event recently will have noticed that basic bike handling skills seem to have been neglected by a large proportion of South African riders. In an attempt to avoid being one of the many that screech to a halt at the first sign of a rock, bridge, or anything that can not be defined as wide open jeep track, I decided to attend the annual Biking in the Bosch mountain bike camp held at Paul Cluver wine estate just outside Grabouw.

Click here to view the article

...... the many that screech to a halt at the first sign of a rock, bridge, or anything that can not be defined as wide open jeep track......

The reason I dont enter many races. Unless you are in the 1st or 2nd batch all technical sections are hurry up and wait. Far too many riders who are fairly fit but insufficiently skilled to keep the flow going when there is not enough space to ride 4 abreast

The reason I dont enter many races. Unless you are in the 1st or 2nd batch all technical sections are hurry up and wait. Far too many riders who are fairly fit but insufficiently skilled to keep the flow going when there is not enough space to ride 4 abreast

What? you not fast enough to be in the 1st Batch?

What? you not fast enough to be in the 1st Batch?

He he he....sadly no [emoji15] . Firmly in the weekend warrior class but I like a good piece of technical single track.

It normally happens in small races like USN. I have never seen it at National Series. I think separating BATCHES by 10 minutes might help as well

• 3 weeks later...

how often do these happen ?  is the an annual programme?

Biking in the Bosch run the camps annually in December, but possibly more frequently- it is probably best to contact Jo directly at bikinginthebosch@gmail.com to find out the dates for the next one.