Joel Stransky & Anriette Schoeman pair up for Absa Cape Epic

News bot

He is an iconic rugby player. She is one of the most successful women’s road cyclists South Africa has produced. And on March 15, 2015, World Cup hero Joel Stransky and eight times national champion Anriette Schoeman will line up together to take on the mighty Absa Cape Epic in the Mixed category.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe ABSA should sponsor riders that cannot afford to ride instead of z-list celebraties!

Liqui-Fruit is the sponsor that is behind this, not ABSA.

Maybe ABSA should sponsor riders that cannot afford to ride instead of z-list celebraties!

sponsor?

nothing really in it for them, if random 1 and random 2 ride in ABSA kit

Unlikely Word.

She will find it tough going on the tech stuff and Joel is fit enough and a strong tech rider.

They definitely sponsored more than ABSA kit!!!!!

Ed Zakery my point.

I guess I'm just jelly, I'm not a celebrity, not fast enough to get sponsored [emoji22]

yeah but she will have to put up with that voice for 7 days! and yeah these guys ride for free much like all the other celebs..

I can get "addicted" to the EPIC as well if I'm sponsored every year ,but being a nobody and poor I have to suffer withdrawal symptoms :whistling:

Guest notmyname

The real question is: Does anyone care?

Not I. These corporates should be sponsoring development riders. Youngsters that may be able to compete on a world level in the future. You Know, Put us on top and all and all. But sadly no.. squander the randelas on a has been rugby drol(who could actually pay his own way) a roadie. Shame on liqui fruit. Clearly patriotism is far behind brand awareness in your books.

Edited by Soapbox