Joel Stransky & Anriette Schoeman pair up for Absa Cape Epic

News bot

Guest notmyname

Not I. These corporates should be sponsoring development riders. Youngsters that may be able to compete on a world level in the future. You Know, Put us on top and all and all. But sadly no.. squander the randelas on a has been rugby drol(who could actually pay his own way) and a roadie. Shame on liqui fruit. Clearly patriotism is far behind brand awareness in your books.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not I. These corporates should be sponsoring development riders. Youngsters that may be able to compete on a world level in the future. You Know, Put us on top and all and all. But sadly no.. squander the randelas on a has been rugby drol(who could actually pay his own way) and a roadie. Shame on liqui fruit. Clearly patriotism is far behind brand awareness in your books.

wait for it, my guess its their money they can do with it whatever they want...!

fully agree with development riders, but what makes a development rider? probably get gunned for this but my guess its race?

Rugby Pro ---> Commentator ------> Sponsored Epic rider 

Maybe in 2016 ABSA or LiguiFruit  could sponsor Bobby Skinstad and Kobus Wiese . . . 

(I am just jealous :ph34r:

Not I. These corporates should be sponsoring development riders. Youngsters that may be able to compete on a world level in the future. You Know, Put us on top and all and all. But sadly no.. squander the randelas on a has been rugby drol(who could actually pay his own way) a roadie. Shame on liqui fruit. Clearly patriotism is far behind brand awareness in your books.

Exxaro, ABSA, SAPPI, Songo.info, CSA etc are just some of the people involved with development riders. So what do you do? 

That "drol" has done a lot of good work with the LumoHawk foundation, and that roadie is a better rider and person than most of us. 

Your soapbox is slipping.

They should make quite a formidable team. She may be a roadie but this is certainly not her first mtb race.

Guest notmyname

That "drol" has done a lot of good work with the LumoHawk foundation, and that roadie is a better rider and person than most of us.

That's wonderful.. still doesn't deserve a free ride when clearly he can afford it. As for the roadie lady(respect). My suggestion would be picking an up and comer(race is not an issue) and groom him or her(better a her). With being a legendary cyclist she knows the ins and outs of performance and endurance training and how to mentally prepare for such a challenge.

Maybe removing the box from the shoulders will help mate...

Anyhoo. Free world allows for opinion. You have yours and I have the platform to express mine.

Thanks for the chat.

I think it awesome. Two great South African Sport Ambassador's riding together in the worlds biggest Stage Race. Will definitely be watching their progress.

as long as he doesn't have the stupid Mohawk on his helmet.....he should be sanctioned by the UCI for such a transgression..... :)

edit: didn't see Ryanpmb's post.....but glad to see I'm not alone here

Edited by rock

Will the tiny one roll with a 29" or 650B?

That's the question.

She'll stick with her 650b, really does prefer it for herself. Wonder if she'll go with a mohawk though, or a mullet ;) 

Ed Zakery my point.

I guess I'm just jelly, I'm not a celebrity, not fast enough to get sponsored [emoji22]

We're too fast to get sponsored Meezo,..it's all about "air time" for sponsor names, and ours will be seconds instead of hours lol!!

Don't give a hoot about this team. I follow the exxaro developments and the sharp end not these "celebs"