Anthem X1 Carbon Crank clicking/creeking

scorerb

Dear All Technical equipped Hubbers

I have a Anthem X1 Carbon which has xt crank, when i ride there is a clicking when pedaling, it is only under load and creeks when under high load.

I have stripped the crack, cleaned it and re-lubed it, and it has made no difference.

Does anyone else have this issue and if so have you been able to fix it or can i have some suggestions please

Thanks! 

Hi, I had the same problem with my Anthem X1 Carbon. After trying numerous things I lubricated the skewer ( Thrubolt ) holding the rear tyre. The creaking noise went away immediately.

Hope this helps.

When you crank on a pedal all the following components are stressed: pedals, cranks, bb, chainrings, suspension pivots, seat tube, saddle clamp, cassette/driver, rear axle, bar, stem, steerer.

Any of these can creak so make sure to eliminate ALL suspects before blaming only one component. It is not always easy to tell where a creak is coming from.

Edited by JXV

I always check my seat post first before taking anything else apart when I get creaks, squeaks and crackles. Take it out, clean, lightly grease and re-install. It's a lot easier and quicker to do than anything else so just give it a try.

Always start with the easy things - can save you a lot of hassle...

Oh by the way; found creaks twice on my Anthem - both times been the seat post  :)

I have/had the same bike with the same noise - Rear skewer every time. Remove, clean, rotate, install, sorted

bit of copper grease or even a waterproof grease.

I have had:

Seatposts creak (head and where it goes in the frame)

Peddals (loose from crank or just even dry threads, bad bearings, spindle dry or needing service)

Stantions and steerers on fox forks,

etc etc etc

could be so much but if it is on the crank you can check the pedal easily by swopping them with a buddy or something to see if not just them.

Cranks is more trickey and so also the BB... sometimes even a chain can creak etc all depends how well you or LBS has maintained the bike or day to day maintenance...

All my Giant full-sussers have had an annoying click, emanating from the rear skewer. I usually loosen, wipe frame surface clean and the click goes away until the next wash. As suggested by the Hubbers, I will try lubing.

I always check my seat post first before taking anything else apart when I get creaks, squeaks and crackles. Take it out, clean, lightly grease and re-install. It's a lot easier and quicker to do than anything else so just give it a try.

Always start with the easy things - can save you a lot of hassle...

Oh by the way; found creaks twice on my Anthem - both times been the seat post  :)

carbon paste if you have a carbon seatpost.