Argus entries

Ray4197

I have completed 8 Argus and missued the ridiculously short registration time for this year's event. I then received an email which said I could re register. I did this and received an email saying that I was successful. An hour later I received another email saying sorry for the typo but I was unsuccessful. Shocking. Anyway, does anybody know of any substitutions which may be available?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same happened to me. I also received an email to say I was successful and later received one saying I was unsuccessful.  Closer to the time, you will be able to pick up a ticket, as people cannot always make it, you will just need to be prepared to pay double the price.

They day I should enter through a charity. R1500.00 per entry. Madness. It already costs a fortune to fly there and accommodate yourself.

I know of a charity that still has some entries available

They would obviously like you to get sponsorship for them.

Entry fee R630.

Message me if interested

Nothing gets to me more than people selling entries (or tickets to concerts and the like) for double face value. It's really not in the spirit of things. 

From the official CTCT page:

Substitutions must be arranged through the Cycle Tour events office between 2 and 20 February 2015. The original entrant will NOT be refunded his/her entry fee and his/her number will be withdrawn.

If you are making your place in the Cycle Tour available for substitution, you may ask the substitute rider to refund your entry fee but you may not ask for more than you had originally paid. Contraventions may result in the disqualification of both parties.

Guest DieBees

I have completed 8 Argus and missued the ridiculously short registration time for this year's event. I then received an email which said I could re register. I did this and received an email saying that I was successful. An hour later I received another email saying sorry for the typo but I was unsuccessful. Shocking. Anyway, does anybody know of any substitutions which may be available?

Did you pay the entry?

The JAG Foundation has taken cognisance of the active debate regarding the pricing of Cape Town Cycle Tour Charity entries, and are therefore, in the spirit of healthy living, offering entries at R850 (paid to Cycle Tour R630, Donation to JAG R220, and it excludes kit).

Please contact us at info@jagfoundation.org.za in order to secure your entry.

I most likely won't be able to do the ride. Although I have someone wanting my entry, should it not be taken my entry will be up for grabs.

Anyone keen pop me a message.

Last year there were a bunch of Argus entries advertised on the Hub after the seeding emails were send out.

I expect the same would happen this year.

From 2 February 2015, you will be able to enter online as a substitute entrant. You will then be charged the substitution fee of R230.

So that's R430 + R230. Eish!

Edited by mikkelz

I know of a charity that still has some entries available

They would obviously like you to get sponsorship for them.

Entry fee R630.

Message me if interested