False Advertisement

jarred@tysoneng.co.za

Copy and paste your story as above and start a new thread. Name the seller by hub name and send him a link to the thread. Give a chance to respond here as from what you have told us he is not responding to you. Have you rated him?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult situation to be frank.  If you really feel that you have been done in, name and shame here and let the seller defend his side of the story.  Or maybe before you name and shame, send him a message that it has gotten to that stage and you would like to resolve this amicably.  

I've been burnt as well years back.  Bought a fork that was supposed to be in excellent condition.  Paid quite a bit of it too and it looked like a dog's breakfast and there was significant stanchion wear.  I now try to personally see what I'm buying or as you did, ask the local LBS to give me feedback.  

I'm surprised the LBS you spoke to gave you the incorrect information.  Did you speak to the mech working on the bike?

Copy and paste your story as above and start a new thread. Name the seller by hub name and send him a link to the thread. Give a chance to respond here as from what you have told us he is not responding to you. Have you rated him?

Haven't rated him yet, but will do as you advise and send him link, in the hope issue can still be rescued to some degree.  Thanks for the advice wrt new thread.

Difficult situation to be frank.  If you really feel that you have been done in, name and shame here and let the seller defend his side of the story.  Or maybe before you name and shame, send him a message that it has gotten to that stage and you would like to resolve this amicably.  

I've been burnt as well years back.  Bought a fork that was supposed to be in excellent condition.  Paid quite a bit of it too and it looked like a dog's breakfast and there was significant stanchion wear.  I now try to personally see what I'm buying or as you did, ask the local LBS to give me feedback.  

I'm surprised the LBS you spoke to gave you the incorrect information.  Did you speak to the mech working on the bike?

I actually phoned the bike shop back, suspecting that they'd described a different groupset :-)