December Bike Shop Experience

Eddy Gordo

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where exactly are these guys (Cycle Centre)?

When you come off the N1 from CPT direction you turn left at the 1st set of traffic lights into Durban rd (Metropolitan on your left) and you then get to another set of traffic lights. The Road lodge will be on the opposite side of the traffic lights on your left.

You continue straight on durban rd but and just after the Road lodge you will come across a white office park/shops on the left and he is at that office park.

Just tell him that Lloyd recommended you to him :thumbup:

Dipslick I understand you didnt try to derail the thread.

Also as much as people cry racism, why is it that they do so, why have they come to this conclusion? What made the person think its racist?

At the moment the are 15 cases that I know of in the news with regards to racial abuse of some form!

I was in Cape town for the holidays, shopping around for an s works shoe, popped into revolution cycles, Olympic cycles and competitive cyclist hout bay. Good service from all 3, but I must mention that competitive cyclist were absolutely great, called me back as promised and were super friendly.

ps, im also a person of colour :whistling: 

i did not say that its like me swearing at you calling you a BAD WORD and realising that MATT is going to give me a smack bum and i remove it!!!!!!!!

i still meant to call you it THE FACT HAS NOT CHANGED you just realised it was not  going down well with the hubbers and it was changed

example a racist looses it in a car rage incident the first thing he says is what he thinks when a 6ft8 monster climbs out the car and says "what the vaaark did you call me????"

suddenly he is no longer a.....................

im glad you removed it as it was the right thing to do, just how i see it thats all

I'm sitting on the opposite side of the fence here. I think he should have left it in. He did not call white people racists yet everyone seems to be vilifying him for something he didn't say. I stated that he wondered if it was a factor in the bad service he received at some shops.

I've seen racism in action at some shops. I was standing around in a certain store one dau and this Zulu gentlemen walks up to me and aks if a I work there. I said  no but what is he looking for? We struck up conversation and it turns out he was a seasoned cyclist and was looking for a new bike. So we start talking about the bikes when a lightie who works in the store comes up to us and says that if we're not buying anything could we please leave because they don't want any trouble with stealing...*$^)

We look at each other and walk out laughing. he gets into his ML500 and I into my GiT and drive off. They would have made sales to the value of about R150K but cos they were boxes they lost.

Point bad service can be attributed to a lot of things. When nearly every bicycle shop save two in the western cape are owned by whites is moronic to argue that a white person is going to experience white on white racism in a bike shop. Ya its going to classism or the age old boer vs engelsman dinges. But when a person with more melanin experiences a cold shoulder in a store owned by white people then the first thought that springs to mind is not maybe its because you pulled up in a lesser car or not wearing the appropriate brand of clothing.

Fact is racism exists. No one in this thread called anyone a racist despite a few people trying very hard to try and flush such accusations out.

Hey Copperhead I'm sorry you lost your business, really. But you seem to be accusing people of colour for your failure as a business owner. Lots of people have lost their businesses since 2008. Weak economy does have that effect.

Cyber bullying the oke for speaking his mind is a really poor attitude. I'll bet it was more that that lead to your business tanking rather than people of colour taking it from you.

So in any case

I emailed the 3 bike shops concerned. 

I received tags to say that the emails have been read.

Only one store replied and apologized about my experience and appreciates for letting them know.

Does the R stand for rifle?? And the number the caliber?

Can't remember what the R denoted but the number was the design iteration. R1 was first gen, R2 and R3 never left the prototype stage, R4 and R5 followed.

So in any case

I emailed the 3 bike shops concerned. 

I received tags to say that the emails have been read.

Only one store replied and apologized about my experience and appreciates for letting them know.

Which store number?

face to face with a R5

Old school R1 and mostly big Boerseun who got upset if you criticized the NGK, PW or Afrikaners

I was in Cape town for the holidays, shopping around for an s works shoe, popped into revolution cycles, Olympic cycles and competitive cyclist hout bay. Good service from all 3, but I must mention that competitive cyclist were absolutely great, called me back as promised and were super friendly.

ps, im also a person of colour :whistling: 

There are many good bike shops around these days. I think they all try but sometimes they all just have bad days. There are a few I'll never step into again. One is in Westlake, they're just k#K and a few are in SW and Stellies. There's only 1 in SW I frequent. The rest suck eggs

Store number 4, they asked to give them another try, only problem is it will be impossible from my side as I work a 6 day week. I was on leave in december, and had the opportunity to experience what everyone else was raving about. I work in the cbd so accessing stores that side is a bit easier

You will never accept any white person because in your eyes whites are all the same.  

Have yourself a colourful day.

A comment like this after all you had to say earlier in the thread ???

I am pretty sure you are not sorry. We were told our lease would not be renewed. We had to sell. To sell to people previously disadvantaged. You are not sorry at all. I have read your past comments on other threads. You love the race card. Make sure you teach it well to your children. NEVER EVER let them forget what happened to them. Oh sorry I mean you.

Big companies get points with BEE they don't like whites for this reason. You will never accept any white person because in your eyes whites are all the same.  

Have yourself a colourful day.

post-182-0-89927900-1421400945_thumb.png