A dark Africa lays ahead.....load shedding

Mojoman

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny the spokesperson on the radio said the loadshedding was as a reult of the previous management not doing the routine maintenance and now they are having to take units down for this.

Of course we all know it is BS and that they are throwing a tantrum until NERSA gives them the MASSIVE tariff increase they want. Then suddenly the maintenance will be done, grid back to stable, etc, etc.

Its disgusting, economy again to take the brunt........

Read an insteresting article by an economist saying Eskom should be handed over for business rescue now and no amount of money can save it.

Then again our national debt just hit R3trillion today. Thanks cANCer........

Add to that the known liquidity issues and Uncle Trevor’s stance on bail-outs and it becomes almost expected that Eskom needs to limit supply to stretch their current coal stocks. December is bonaz time so I’ll wager a bet that procurement is suffering to ensure that there is sufficient funds for those lovely bonuses.

I was going to start a new thread about this, but it would be on the topic of load shedding anyway.

If there was a total blackout, and let's say Eskom couldn't bring the lights back on, what would you do to survive? ....

.... stock up on candles? buy a few power banks for your phone? purchase a skottel or a gas stove? purchase a generator for your fridge? convert your backyard into a veggie patch? convert your swimming pool into a fish farm?

Or would you do all of the above?

I was going to start a new thread about this, but it would be on the topic of load shedding anyway.

If there was a total blackout, and let's say Eskom couldn't bring the lights back on, what would you do to survive? ....

.... stock up on candles? buy a few power banks for your phone? purchase a skottel or a gas stove? purchase a generator for your fridge? convert your backyard into a veggie patch? convert your swimming pool into a fish farm?

Or would you do all of the above?

firstly, you wouldn't be able to buy anything as long as the service providers & banks have no access to power, as everything money-related (except cash) relies on electricity & telecommunications networks to operate. POS systems wouldn't work, unless backup power. Gas stations wouldn't be able to pump petrol. You wouldn't be able to do any banking, payments, shopping or store food unless you have a gas fridge. 

The consequences of a total blackout are huge. 

firstly, you wouldn't be able to buy anything as long as the service providers & banks have no access to power, as everything money-related (except cash) relies on electricity & telecommunications networks to operate. POS systems wouldn't work, unless backup power. Gas stations wouldn't be able to pump petrol. You wouldn't be able to do any banking, payments, shopping or store food unless you have a gas fridge. 

The consequences of a total blackout are huge. 

So it would be absolute mayhem then.

Eskom-768x1500.jpg

So we are covering the cost of employees who are, admitted by Eskom, in excess of what is needed and probably unskilled for their positions too.

There is one driving factor, UNIONS!!!!!

Sounds like the ANC recipe for every disaster........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Indeed. what happened at rook cycles will happen country wide in homes,shops and distribution centers. 

I had to Google what happened at Rook Cycles :eek:

Indeed. what happened at rook cycles will happen country wide in homes,shops and distribution centers. 

Yip , total anarchy !

If the power ever had to go off completely, it would be one of the worst things that could ever happen to our country. There would literally be thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people killed . 

No running water , no police to call , no emergency services , traffic will obviously come to a stand still ; it's actually too frightening to think about .

Lets hope it never comes to that !