Bike Storage

Wayne Potgieter

My wife decided to make the toddlers room/bike room a bike themed room. So my bikes are actually adding to the ambiance of the room and theme :D

she's a keeper!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a horizontal bar hanging from the ceiling above where the bonnet of the car is, hook the bikes up there triathlon style on the seat, then they occupy the dead space above the car bonnet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I sorted mine out over December, used the hook rack for the Bianchi and a levitate rack for the Giant - pretty happy with the results. The rack above is just two shelf brackets from builders which hold the fishing rods, ski and golf clubs. All related paraphernalia (helmets, shoes, spares etc.) are packed nicely in the cupboard.

post-50555-0-83591300-1484743212_thumb.jpeg

I sorted mine out over December, used the hook rack for the Bianchi and a levitate rack for the Giant - pretty happy with the results. The rack above is just two shelf brackets from builders which hold the fishing rods, ski and golf clubs. All related paraphernalia (helmets, shoes, spares etc.) are packed nicely in the cupboard.

attachicon.gifIMG_6402.jpeg

Also used those racks and it works amazing

We have a horizontal bar hanging from the ceiling above where the bonnet of the car is, hook the bikes up there triathlon style on the seat, then they occupy the dead space above the car bonnet. 

Don't the bikes hanging above the bonnet interfere when your missus has to wash your car? :ph34r:

Or are you the kind of chauvinist who just doesn't care about her well being? :whistling:

• 3 months later...

Brilliant ideas here- anyone have a good and user friendly solution to make storage lockable somehow? Moving into a house with a garage and want to lock the bikes to the wall..

Thanks 

Brilliant ideas here- anyone have a good and user friendly solution to make storage lockable somehow? Moving into a house with a garage and want to lock the bikes to the wall..

Thanks 

We use similar to these for the rock climbing (ours are just made by Hilti) and they are *** strong.

Then just add a chain or braided steel cable like the laptop locks use.

post-83023-0-74691700-1494569968.jpg

We use similar to these for the rock climbing (ours are just made by Hilti) and they are *** strong.

Then just add a chain or braided steel cable like the laptop locks use.

Too easy to twist out - remember most peoples garages have tools in them - a proper rawlbolt in the wall and some peening of the thread with a center punch to stop easy removal would be a lot better.

One day I plan to put some eye bolts through my garage walls and peen the other side of the wall so they just turn without getting loose...

Too easy to twist out - remember most peoples garages have tools in them - a proper rawlbolt in the wall and some peening of the thread with a center punch to stop easy removal would be a lot better.

One day I plan to put some eye bolts through my garage walls and peen the other side of the wall so they just turn without getting loose...

Agreed, that's just an example picture though.

What I did at home after a previous break in was a similar solution except we put a generous amount of pratley quickset in there and then inserted the bolt.

There is no way in hell of removing that bolt from the wall