Cycling laptop backpack whats your choice.

Gitfo

Hallo there peeps.

Seeing that its been raining on and of here in PTA recently and sometimes quite hard im looking for a waterproof laptop backpack. I commute to work about 20km on average and have to lug around laptop at lease 5 out of the 6 work days a week. Currently my backpack is a  standard laptop backpack which isnt very aero dynamic and when it starts pooring it isnt very waterproof. Which is a concern. I dont mind the rain personally and will cycle winter snow rain you name it. But i only have one laptop which works better dry.

What will you recommend for a replacement. Not to expensive. waterproof and must fit a 15.6 inch laptop with charger and diary basically. Aero dynamic isn't the biggest concern but it must not big to big and heavy. some padding for comfort.

http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/skuimages/large/CNET-YYI1-PC8666.jpg

Oxter i did that lol but the laptop on the inside coverd... orelse it looks to bad lol.

NicNac thank you i will see if i can find it instore. looks promising.

The targus back pack has a rain jacket in a bottom zip pocket and a hip strap !

and a good day to day back to sling over shoulder !

Edited by Milosh

Perhaps backpack will also work?

I know some of the K-Way backpacks Cape Union Mart  sell have waterproof cover as well. 

Perhaps look at getting a standard drybag to put inside your current bag for an temp solution. At least you know its 100% waterproof

Dakine have a series of brilliant backpacks and some are waterproofed. They last forever and have a laptop pouch but aren't cheap, in SA the quicksilver guys are the distributors so go check at one of their stores.

I use a drybag inside a Thule bag with a waterproof cover.  A good set of mudgaurds are worth their weight in gold

I have been looking for around 2 years. Its either very expensive or its crappy.

Currently I have a Kway executive  has space for my laptop, the clothes for the day and a towel. The shampoo and toothbrush etc is left at work in my locker.

I then have a rain cover that cost me 80 at cape union for when it rains. The problem with the rain cover is it is actually too big so when its tight and It fills up with air  as I cycle leaving me looking like the mars rover bracing for impact.

Also when it really comes down the dam thing is not fully waterproof and because it slips over it leave the part of the backpack that I against my back open.