D2D Punctures

Jedi

Guest Michelle

Cruxie follows the race in his Vito & helps ANYONE & EVERYONE! Big%20smile

Thanks.  I will be on the look out for that Vito if I need help and I will certainly be happy to reimburse any tubes used on my behalf although I do carry my own in my saddle bag - just really slow with using all the stuff and when one has the added pressure of seeing the field cycling by, all the fingers suddenly become like a bunch of bananas!

and amateur took me to go fetch ewep (was quicker for her to get from home to pick me up than it would've taken to get to my car) and on the way back we picked up another guy. last year i was taxying back and forth taking guys to the finish after they'd bailed

Jip, thanks SP and amateur.  I would most probably still be sitting there, waiting for the bus!

For puncture protection, in my experience nothing beats tire liners. They weigh next to nothing, are easy to install (in both mtb and road tires) and cost next to nothing (around R30-40 if I remember). <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Since I installed tire liners in my mtb 4 years, I haven?t had a single puncture. During that time I?ve done road and off-road races, ridden over 3000km with panniers on dirt roads, etc. In comparison, the first 1000km tour I did (mainly on road) with panniers, I had 13 punctures over a 3 week period!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.