Spruit Closed on saturday

Milosh

Ok so not really closed , but given everyone's new years resolution the saturdays park runs in bryanston are having record attendance.

This means that between 08h00 and 09h00 on saturday mornings the spruit between Builders at riverside shopping centre and 12th ave will have around 500 walkers with kids and dogs.

Its no fun trying to ride through this so may be best to plan you rides around that and get past there before and make it a long ride to come back past after the rush.

Also in Delta Park...

What are these "people" doing interfering with "my sport"!!!!??!?

Hahaaa I was there on Saturday at the park run and according to the results - over 1200 people and that excludes all the dogs off lead.

Funny thing was ppl were commenting about the cyclist and why they didn't just ride earlier/later but while I'm sure it was frustrating for the guys on bikes, what I experienced, everyone just moved over, sometimes the people moved off the trails - other times the bikes - all happy.

Park run in Delta usually 300-500 but currently 1300, resolutions baa humbug, also in Albert's Farm and Bryanston, as stated before, but if you go along the bottom of Delta the runners do not collide. We have just changed our ride time a little so we get from Delta to Albert's before 8am and then by the time we get back to Delta they are gone.

Delta is not too bad as there is plenty of room but if you catch the runners in Albert's they run up the hill on the single track so don't even bother!

Edited by BBN

I also heard '1200' mentioned for the parkrun at Rietvlei this passed weekend ..... heard some mumbling from some of the riders around me about the runners but doesn't bother me :)

Yup give it a month and numbers will dwindle , walkers and Riders ;-)

We can all use the spruit , just good to know the peak hours ! 

Its no fun trying to ride through this so may be best to plan you rides around that and get past there before and make it a long ride to come back past after the rush.

Thanks for the heads up, this is a good initiative to inform riders.

I went through there one Sat morning when the run was on & some of the younger runners felt that because they paid entry fees they should have "spruit closure" and sole access.

Not Ubuntu but there it is.

Yip, numbers will go back to normal next month but remember that the Park Run will still happen and there are a few places that will be no go areas between 8 & 9 am. Hit that section from Bryanston Drive to 12th Ave before Christmas and there is just no other way round, so just avoid it!

Thanks for the heads up, this is a good initiative to inform riders.

I went through there one Sat morning when the run was on & some of the younger runners felt that because they paid entry fees they should have "spruit closure" and sole access.

Not Ubuntu but there it is.

Parkrun 'entry fees'? My understanding is there are no fees ......

There definitely aren't entry fees for the Parkrun...

Then even less Ubuntu being tjooned by a non-paying eager "runner"

I also heard '1200' mentioned for the parkrun at Rietvlei this passed weekend ..... heard some mumbling from some of the riders around me about the runners but doesn't bother me :)

Park Run is a phenomena, it goes out from Modderfontein too and I made the mistake of driving there at 7:50 one Saturday morning.  Super-busy but a very good thing.

Spruit & Strava.........never a good combination!

Dude, strava was - like - INVENTED on the Spruit...it's also the natural habitat of the endangered species, "Stravacus Arsholis"