Gravel and Grape

Dicky DQ

Hi guys, has anyone got hold of kmz's like the images on the website?

Perhaps also location of waterpoints? Need to pack supplies and see where im likely to die ^_^

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, has anyone got hold of kmz's like the images on the website?

Perhaps also location of waterpoints? Need to pack supplies and see where im likely to die ^_^

Honestly don't think you really need to worry about packing too much Distances are not that long and climbing not much for those distances. Should be well under 4hrs for day 1. That is max 1 bottle energy drink, 1 bottle water and maybe 3 gels

Honestly don't think you really need to worry about packing too much Distances are not that long and climbing not much for those distances. Should be well under 4hrs for day 1. That is max 1 bottle energy drink, 1 bottle water and maybe 3 gels

Unless it is hot, then stop for water once or more if need be.

Worcester water is maklik die lekkerste water ooit. Nie nodig vir bottel water. Sien almal more.....

Heard some worcester guys rode the Day 2 route in 6 hours?

Who are they? Dont let roomers put you off. Gonna be great!

My Camelbak by die huis vergeet!!! Lekker gebraai en ietsie van die renpak genuttig. SO moet 'n race pack mos lyk! Ek dink ek gaan dalk more 'n bietjie wakker skrik. Ek bly toevallig langs 'n klomp Vaalies wat ek ken. Die naweek gaan LEKKER WEES!!

What a nice day out. We were treated to all you could wish for (including 4 extra km!). We had a great afternoon with friends on a wine farm. Fantastic day.

The route was VERY well marked. Some very very nice stretches of purpose built singletrack. A few proper climbs. Not hard for the hardcore crowd but a true test for the rest. I think it will be around 60min quicker than D1 of the W2W for Joe Soap.

The waterpoints were good with some home baked goodies and all the necessary fluids, mechanics etc.

Start and end was super smooth and perfectly organized.

A pity tonight's prize giving is at the same time as the big game - I think I will skip it like a lot of other riders.

I am worried about D2. We are undercooked and today was a big wakeup. Hard work for around 4:15.

Edited by TALUS

Congrats to fellow Hubber and online racer Jaco - Top 10!

Edited by TALUS

There was a BIT of sand. Otherwise all good. No legs thou. Tomorrow is going to br a slog. gonna have to hang onto a pocket or 2.

Edited by Dick