This is a rave thread - on a Friday!

KarlvN

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm building a bathroom cabinet for a mate's girlfriend, who got royally fleeced by her "plumber" and "cabinet maker" - managed to get the 2 taps 5mm out of alignment with each other AND offset from the spigot, made a hole in the tile that was too big for the spigot and just filled it with expanding foam, and put the taps and spout so close to the wall that the sink she bought won't fit properly. 

The mark of a good woodworker is nt that you don't make mistakes, but that you know how to disguise them.

When you say it's a floating cabinet, I hope you don't mean it literally. 

The mark of a good woodworker is nt that you don't make mistakes, but that you know how to disguise them.

When you say it's a floating cabinet, I hope you don't mean it literally. 

Only if the plumber made a bigger stuffup than we originally found out about

More like what new bike ;) :P

Okay, so the idea behind the thread is to rave, not to make the rest of us jealous now ;)

Lekker for you. Personally I would not even know where to begin.

Okay, so the idea behind the thread is to rave, not to make the rest of us jealous now ;)

Lekker for you. Personally I would not even know where to begin.

Actually I just made myself jealous because it was an alright amount but not really enough for a new bike...:P

Actually I just made myself jealous because it was an alright amount but not really enough for a new bike... :P

Ja I'm sure you're just saying that to make the rest of us feel better..hehehe. Still, not a shabby way to kick the weekend off. Maybe buy some "brownie points" for the Other Half with the windfall and then go big on some cool upgrades?

Ja I'm sure you're just saying that to make the rest of us feel better..hehehe. Still, not a shabby way to kick the weekend off. Maybe buy some "brownie points" for the Other Half with the windfall and then go big on some cool upgrades?

The beauty of being single...can buy whatever I like without having to ask for forgiveness afterwards. Haha

I would love a new bike however I dont think my vast skills warrant a new bike just yet. I would like a longer travel fork tho :) Maybe some more Protective gear. And that Helmet replacement I am due for on payday(broke last one). 

I'm building a bathroom cabinet for a mate's girlfriend, who got royally fleeced by her "plumber" and "cabinet maker" - managed to get the 2 taps 5mm out of alignment with each other AND offset from the spigot, made a hole in the tile that was too big for the spigot and just filled it with expanding foam, and put the taps and spout so close to the wall that the sink she bought won't fit properly. 

did you just swear at me?

Me and the wife are planning to saddle up our horses tomorrow morning and hit some trails galloping

Looking forward to getting on my beast and riding the weekend away. Hectic week. Car broke down = R5500 

Radiator has a crack thats growing.... another 5000 ronds....     :eek:

Feeling jumpy and tense. Almost a week since I had two wheel therapy!

Enjoy the weekend guys and girls

:D

Looking forward to getting on my beast and riding the weekend away. Hectic week. Car broke down = R5500 

Radiator has a crack thats growing.... another 5000 ronds....     :eek:

Feeling jumpy and tense. Almost a week since I had two wheel therapy!

Enjoy the weekend guys and girls

:D

Sound like my week... klapped a bird of some sort on the highway and it look out my passenger mirror... $$$$$$$ flussssssh........

no ride this week... no ride last week due to a mechanical... 1/2 ride the week before...

I am at the virge of having to dust of my gear from standing so long...

Lekker thing is that I will be working on bikes all weekend - what could be better (other than riding) - I personally love working on bikes.... it soothes the beast.

Edited by s14phoenix

I hope he/she rewards you in nice braai and bottomless beer