The Hub's Forums - The way forward

Matt

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, Matt. TBH it was necessary, and I think a bit overdue. 

But - I'd hate us to devolve into one of those sites that has gargantuan moderator-drones overseeing every single onomatopoeia and simile.

Edited by El Capitan

Suggestion: You need to create a fire and brimstone section with adequate warnings in it about what can happen there. In other words let it be under your own cognisance if you go post there.

The hubs character is essentially an open form and no one should mess with that.

Rant n Rave on steroids with adequate adult warnings. 

problem is hubbers show time and again that self regulation is not sustainable.

Each time it goes over the edge then the reaction is more severe and further privileges i.e. free speech becomes less free.

I am guilty of adding very little of value to most threads. I ride bicycles, but TBH I don't really need to read about them 24/7. that's what I like about this place. We all have a similar interest but can spend hours talking absolute rubbish about stuff that has nothing to do with cycling and having a laugh. The banter is what keeps me coming back

But there are times when it goes too far and there are people that dont have the same sense of humour as other people, so it will sometimes degenerate into a mud fight. I am not sure how you fix it, but please dont turn this place into a sterile "big brother" type forum. that would be a lose lose for all concerned.

My suggestion is when things do degenerate hit the parties concerned hard. its always just a few that get invoved in the really ugly stuff.

Thanks Matt. Perhaps a bit overdue but great news nonetheless.

I agree with your general sentiment. I was away from this forum for about 6 weeks over December  / January  and I was friggin appalled to see what was going on around here when I logged in yesterday. I have been part of the community for many years and The Hub has seen its ups and downs, but never before have the bickering, sneering and attacks been so relentless and malicious.

I think the time for niceties is over...We can wait no longer to try and salvage what is left of the integrity and credibility of The Hub forums. 

It would help to be more respectful and not to type comments/replies in anger.

I agree on the respect ! People have their opinions but there's limits too!

I am guilty of adding very little of value to most threads. I ride bicycles, but TBH I don't really need to read about them 24/7. that's what I like about this place. We all have a similar interest but can spend hours talking absolute rubbish about stuff that has nothing to do with cycling and having a laugh. The banter is what keeps me coming back

But there are times when it goes too far and there are people that dont have the same sense of humour as other people, so it will sometimes degenerate into a mud fight. I am not sure how you fix it, but please dont turn this place into a sterile "big brother" type forum. that would be a lose lose for all concerned.

My suggestion is when things do degenerate hit the parties concerned hard. its always just a few that get invoved in the really ugly stuff.

:thumbup: