Nick

There has been a lot of talk about the Garden Route Trail Park lately, so much so that Monster Energy Cape Town decided to take a road trip to find out first hand what it’s like. After a long drive, we were finally greeted by a sign letting us know we were in the right place.

Click here to view the article

Is Jungle Fever the only trail there?

There's also Forest Frenzy and Crazy Creek.

But I was last there in September, so not sure what Rob has added since then. He's constantly working on it.

You must be a novice road tripper if you call the drive from Cape Town to Sedgefield a "long drive"

There is also a short section of trail called Mad Cows which is really nice. 

The best option is to go for a weekend. Get to know the place the Saturday (ride each trail twice), and find your flow on the pump track. Then on Sunday morning you can hit each trail at speed because you know the trails well by then.

"The trail that Rob had taken us to was named Jungle Fever which seemed appropriate given that a whole troop of baboons decided to take a break, from whatever it is baboons get up to, and chill on one of the long tabletops"

Hah hah boons..

The big ones like to chill on the long treetops... some of the smaller ones even like to throw rocks on the trails... in protest at all the meld vragmotors and trekkers... 

i haven't been on the trailpark myself yet, just passed by it a few times... excellent location on the route of some of the most popular garden route marathon races... 

and if you're feeling adventurous, there are little trails all the way up/down the passes heading to george or rheenendaal, its a great place to train your climbing skills.

dankie, looks like you guys had a good time :)

You must be a novice road tripper if you call the drive from Cape Town to Sedgefield a "long drive"

Capetonians seldom venture further than Tokai... to them Jonkershoek is a roadtrip... :P

Hi,

Did two 30 km races their over December and the trail is a dream. Lots of single track and great fun burn sections. On the last race the area had a lot of rain, and this created even more fun, with all the mud.

It is a must for all.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Rode it 2wice last October.  Excellent singletrack, and well those big tabletops... Lost some skin there.  That white/yellow sand that they used on those tabletops are worse than 50 grit sandpaper.

If you stay around George/Knysna and have not done it yet then shame on you.

Rode it 2wice last October.  Excellent singletrack, and well those big tabletops... Lost some skin there.  That white/yellow sand that they used on those tabletops are worse than 50 grit sandpaper.

If you stay around George/Knysna and have not done it yet then shame on you.

Will someone like me who never learned to do big gap jumps and tabletops be able to enjoy Garden Route Trail Park? I don't mind rock gardens or smallish drop offs, but never learned to jump properly. What other trails in the Garden Route area is a must do? I will be holidaying in Plett for about 11 days in February. What are the trails like this time of year? Very muddy and wet?

Will someone like me who never learned to do big gap jumps and tabletops be able to enjoy Garden Route Trail Park? I don't mind rock gardens or smallish drop offs, but never learned to jump properly.

Yes, you'll enjoy it. The park is mostly flowy and smooth. The jumps and drops are all optional.

The Monster guys showed off the bigger features at the park, if you're interested I shot a few videos of some other sections of the trails in the Garmin Virb review we did here.

Will someone like me who never learned to do big gap jumps and tabletops be able to enjoy Garden Route Trail Park? I don't mind rock gardens or smallish drop offs, but never learned to jump properly. What other trails in the Garden Route area is a must do? I will be holidaying in Plett for about 11 days in February. What are the trails like this time of year? Very muddy and wet?

As nick said, the jumps are optional. My wife rode with me there last weekend and she had a blast and just want to go back. The trail café at GRTP is very nice and a good place to relax post ride.

Harkerville and Petrus se Brand are nice trail options close Plett as well.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Can't wait for my holiday to start and to escape the drought that has hit our part of the Freestate, even if it is only for a couple of weeks.