Suspicious Times on Racetec

Dinkymoo

I was looking at road events and times on Racetec and found a few suspicious entries. I find it a little strange that some of these girls can ride one race like an amateur and the next like a pro. Have a look at these screen shots:

Am I missing something?

post-53198-0-37783900-1422275105_thumb.jpeg

post-53198-0-35945600-1422275106_thumb.jpeg

post-53198-0-43279800-1422275107_thumb.jpeg

post-53198-0-87076500-1422275108_thumb.jpeg

post-53198-0-91233600-1422275109_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Dinkymoo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be that the 94.7 they are charity or corporate riding with a group or riding with a friend to help them finish... hence the slow times in comparison to others.

I would compare other races through the year rather than the 94.7 or Argus with any other race as many do not see these as races and ride them for other reasons

Just my 2c

Edited by shaper

As with some MTB races, I think there is a lot of cheating in road races. Nothing stopping a rider getting picked up along the route and then dropped off around the corner from the finish. remember the guy and his girlfriend a few years back that claimed the fastest time at the Argus, fortunately they never crossed the mats at the top of Smitswinkel so they got DQ'd

Looks like 50km Fast One times mixed up with the long ride , no ways any ladies went 2 min off the front of  the VA gents ,

Especially not from  GL .

As with some MTB races, I think there is a lot of cheating in road races.

Guys, hold the horses on the cheating claims! Racetec often gets short and long route times mixed up, doesn't mean anyone cheated and usually gets fixed quickly.

I suggest the OP remove the names of the ladies in question. Not fair that they are accused of cheating when it may well be a mistake from Racetec.

Guys, hold the horses on the cheating claims! Racetec often gets short and long route times mixed up, doesn't mean anyone cheated and usually gets fixed quickly.

I suggest the OP remove the names of the ladies in question. Not fair that they are accused of cheating when it may well be a mistake from Racetec.

I'm not accusing, just wondering. But, I do agree. Let me remove the names. There we go. All anonymous :)

Edited by Dinkymoo

I'm aware of some guys wearing ladies timing chips just so that they (the ladies) get better seeding at the larger races like Argus and 94.7

I'm aware of some guys wearing ladies timing chips just so that they (the ladies) get better seeding at the larger races like Argus and 94.7

Thats cheating.

Maybe they got a flats/mechanicals in the one race.

Look at the other examples. Flats in every race except one?