Two more Specialized Elite shops open in SA

News bot

To meet the growing demand in cycling and a more personal shopping experience, Specialized Africa has teamed up with another two cycling retailers in Gauteng. This past week two new Elite shops were opened in Dunkeld and Bedfordview. This adds to the growing countrywide network of Specialized Concept and Elite Stores.

Click here to view the article

Hope they will provide better service that some of the already existing concept and elite Stores. 

is it just me or are bike shops looking pretty slick these days......not sure I really like it.

BMC in salt river looks like a bike shop to me......

is it just me or are bike shops looking pretty slick these days......not sure I really like it.

BMC in salt river looks like a bike shop to me......

lol.. does these new shops have that tyre smell. And the bike of owner must always stand at the counter:)

Licence to print money, those bikes sell themselves.

I think the one in Bedfordview is the new Complete Cyclist store.

This seems a bit of a stretch to me.... Dunkeld have been selling spes stuff for more than 2 years... "NEW" seem like marketing hype to me - admittely they have redone the interior... but it's not by any stretch of the imagination a shop new to spes...

I think stores get ranked by Spez and only the 'special' ones get all the high end kit or something like that.......

I think stores get ranked by Spez and only the 'special' ones get all the high end kit or something like that.......

Heard this from my LBS as well. Costs a bit if dough to upgrade to Concept/Elite though.

when I was a kid, we used to go on our daily training rides and after we would often meet up at our lbs, we talked crap with the owner/staff and checked out the workshop to see who in town was busy getting what upgrades, etc... remember always drooling over new builds, and new products on display... 

personally, these shops just don't do it for me... there is something really special about building a bike from scratch... choosing components based on your preference and also your budget, etc....

except for the S-works bikes, you are always short changed with budget/low end components mixed into their stock builds, and your spaz bike has NOTHING special because they are all exactly the same being pumped off the sausage factory line...

these concept/elite stores just don't do it for me....

Lynnwood Cyclery is also opening a new Spez concept store in Centurion. Don't know the address as yet. :clap:

Confirmed that it will be at the centurion lifestyle centre...

• 2 weeks later...

Location of the shop in Bedfordview?

The new Complete Cyclist. I've already had great service from the guys there!

• 1 month later...

Confirmed that it will be at the centurion lifestyle centre...

Any news on this new Concept Cyclery at Centurion?