Caravaning and Camping.

Mousea

So been browsing the classifieds for trailers  and I cant believe how quick the good deals go. They sell with in 3 hours of being listed.

Anyway, anybody here who has experience with the jurgens XT 120 and 140 range?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate of mine has rented a camper van and left yesterday morning for a tour down through the garden route onto cape town and back.

Man I'm jealous

This is Island Lake, the one on the way to Hoekwil.

15d6015688ddac7ae97efcee80422e21.jpg

Was really Misty for about 3 days at the lake, lucky no other boats to hit while pottering around.

0e119561e621acd3d08777b1b6c6d7e1.jpg

Another decent morning for a ski.

e8590d3460b51e5f8c4401dc0ce32d02.jpg

I thought after 11 days of skiing 3 times a day on the garden route I would have some muscles etc. Wrong. Went to ski on Zekoevlei and my arms abs back are still killing me

I grew up in George, and we spent many many many weekends and holidays camping at either Island Lake, Trail's End behind Pine Lake or Brenton on Lake opposite Knysna. I've ski'd around those lakes so many times I have lost count. My arms were sat every year around September when ski season started, i.e. no wind and sunny days.

I like these pics, they take me back to a time when the world was a much simpler place.

[edit] - If you took a ride up the hill from there you would in all likelihood have found a certain hubber with a fondess for titanium pedaling around the many gravel roads on his drool worthy bikes.

Edited by Robbie Stewart

So been browsing the classifieds for trailers  and I cant believe how quick the good deals go. They sell with in 3 hours of being listed.

we have a jurgens xt 140 extended version

have had it for about 5 years now

add a room and patio walls included

snowmaster 80 litre fridge

its awesome

post-87851-0-41387500-1619789309_thumb.jpg

Edited by rorydewet

we have a jurgens xt 140 extended version

have had it for about 5 years now

add a room and patio walls included

snowmaster 80 litre fridge

its awesome

Im starting to lean towards the xt120 or xt140 as they dont look so bulky, but I have been told that the xt 120 might just be to small but sadly most xt 140 are just above the budget.

I grew up in George, and we spent many many many weekends and holidays camping at either Island Lake, Trail's End behind Pine Lake or Brenton on Lake opposite Knysna. I've ski'd around those lakes so many times I have lost count. My arms were sat every year around September when ski season started, i.e. no wind and sunny days.

I like these pics, they take me back to a time when the world was a much simpler place.

[edit] - If you took a ride up the hill from there you would in all likelihood have found a certain hubber with a fondess for titanium pedaling around the many gravel roads on his drool worthy bikes.

Yes, I would have, I even got his number, yet with young kids and wife working most of the time my rides were random times and very sparce. 

His local cafe has the best cheese cake in SA apparently as well..

Yes, I would have, I even got his number, yet with young kids and wife working most of the time my rides were random times and very sparce. 

His local cafe has the best cheese cake in SA apparently as well..

Yep I agree on the cheese cake. Hoekwil cafe used to be a client of mine before I migrated to the place of many winds. I have sampled their cheese cake often enough to know  :clap: .

Yep I agree on the cheese cake. Hoekwil cafe used to be a client of mine before I migrated to the place of many winds. I have sampled their cheese cake often enough to know  :clap: .

I think for the month of December my parents double their profits, they have worked out that a ride from the lake and back just gets them discovery points and they get cake.

Check the weight and your license. My in laws has a 160 and it is to heavy for a regular B license, also if it has the run in brakes, you will need an EB. I have an echo 3 and ticks all of your boxes. . 

Check the weight and your license. My in laws has a 160 and it is to heavy for a regular B license, also if it has the run in brakes, you will need an EB. I have an echo 3 and ticks all of your boxes. . 

Well I can pull up to 16000kg if I really want to  :ph34r:, would prefer something with run in brakes. So far all the xt 120 and xt140 are above my budget so Im going to have to scrap that idea. Ive seen nice echo trailer and they are well priced, with loads of stuff included so thats going to be my next option. 

Most of the camping trailer look so bulky, just a bit worried on taking them offroad.

Found this trailer for 45k, Bundu basher with full tent setup, gas bottles, burner and fridge with all its wiring.

173916003_10216090381372170_159408914521

Well I can pull up to 16000kg if I really want to  :ph34r:, would prefer something with run in brakes. So far all the xt 120 and xt140 are above my budget so Im going to have to scrap that idea. Ive seen nice echo trailer and they are well priced, with loads of stuff included so thats going to be my next option. 

Most of the camping trailer look so bulky, just a bit worried on taking them offroad.

Found this trailer for 45k, Bundu basher with full tent setup, gas bottles, burner and fridge with all its wiring.

173916003_10216090381372170_159408914521

DIBS!

Seriously though, that seems like a good option. Most of the decent options are north of R50k.

Anybody whos interested, I found this Jurgens XT 140 for R38000.

die trailor met sy powerpak en bedrading na die bakkie toe kan ook solar gebruik  2 x ingeboude 35 l watertenks en dan die elektrkese kamp pluk met 3 kragproppe . R 38000.00

Anybody whos interested, I found this Jurgens XT 140 for R38000.

die trailor met sy powerpak en bedrading na die bakkie toe kan ook solar gebruik  2 x ingeboude 35 l watertenks en dan die elektrkese kamp pluk met 3 kragproppe . R 38000.00

post-59319-0-13299300-1620124206_thumb.jpeg

post-59319-0-08514200-1620124219_thumb.jpeg

post-59319-0-91684900-1620124231_thumb.jpeg