Karoo To Coast 2015

ErikD

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this year doing it with the SS rigid fork LOL been riding rigid fork since around march

this year doing it with the SS rigid fork LOL been riding rigid fork since around march

its definitely doable on the rigid might have to walk some of the climbs though, all the best.

Did that last year. Worth doing it once but I'll not be rushing to do so again.

Strangely enough, what got me was not the SS, but the rigid fork. Although I was concerned about it, coming down the ou wa pad was easy enough. What killed me were the thousands of small hits through the handle bars via the rigid from end.

Those long stretches through Kom-se Pad and the forest were murder as I could hardly hold on to the bars by the end.

Dualy all the way for me this year, unless I give the CX a go.....

Just a little rant..........

Have a buddy who needed to offload an entry and I directed him to this thread. He had 2 very keen buyers who then ended up having commitment issues.

If you put a post saying you want an entry then at least take it when you get an offer!!!!!

**DISCLAIMER: No names were given as I don't have them, so I can't say who the non-commital hubbers were. Ticket seems to have been sold to a non-hubber now.

its definitely doable on the rigid might have to walk some of the climbs though, all the best.

Thanks, ja its def doable and also not worried about coming down ou wa pad, sal maar sien the rest of the way,

that is also why ive started riding rigid fork in feb already so i can get used to it :)

oooh dont tempt me

Just a little rant..........

Have a buddy who needed to offload an entry and I directed him to this thread. He had 2 very keen buyers who then ended up having commitment issues.

If you put a post saying you want an entry then at least take it when you get an offer!!!!!

**DISCLAIMER: No names were given as I don't have them, so I can't say who the non-commital hubbers were. Ticket seems to have been sold to a non-hubber now.

please if he still has entry would you let him contact me as i have entry and i would love to get one for my girlfriend ... cheeky.armstrong@gmail.com

Any entries available for 2015?

I might have two becoming available. I'll PM you in the next two weeks once I know four sure whether I can still make the CTC.

Hi, 

I'm a first-timer this year...must say after reading this I might need to include Breedtsnek into my training schedule a lot more often...

I'm also looking for an additional entry - want to get my brother on board and make this a family affair! Please let me know if anybody out there still has one available! 

Holding thumbs! 

Sitting with a whee bit of a problem...

I have an entry, but can't find accommodation anywhere for the weekend of the race...19 and 20Sept.

Does anyone know of accommodation for a family of 5? If not then I'll have to sell my entry.

Thanx

Sitting with a whee bit of a problem...

I have an entry, but can't find accommodation anywhere for the weekend of the race...19 and 20Sept.

Does anyone know of accommodation for a family of 5? If not then I'll have to sell my entry.

Thanx

sorry, cant help with accommodation, but please remember my if you sell.