Bloem

noembus

Na die Argus het ek bietjie vakansie gehad, en terug getoer met die kar Jhb toe, ek het net gewonder, hoekom oefen die mense in Bloemfontein met hulle fietse op die N1, is hulle mal of iets en kan hulle nie gestop word om daar te oefen nie??

i also noticed that on my way done to the cape more than a week ago (at leat the traffic wasn't so heavy then) and then yesterday again (when the traffic was hectic! also noticed quite a few cyclists on the n1 just past worcester.

in the bloem riders' defence: the one group (four riders) i saw a saturday or two ago were riding in the emergency lane with a back-up vehicle.

Guest Big H

Ja nee ................ ekke is nou in Bloem. Daar IS baja bulte maar die mense bestuur soos morone hier. Stop nie by robots nie en park net waar hulle wil. Lekker dorp maar definitief platteland.

Sal dalk by Modder gaan hello se oppad lughawe toe.

90% of our races are also on the N1....take that up with someone. What else can we do? If we dare ride on any of the other roads we get killed by trucks, if we ride in the suburbs we get anti cyclist letters in the newspaper and then every tannie feels justified to run us over. I ride on the n1 all the time for 9 years now, and never had any issues or felt unsafe.

Also do all my training on N1 here in Bloem. Never had any problems. 98%  of times trucks go to the other line when they pass you . Nobody has been nasty to us on the N1. All the other roads around Bloem people try to ride over you and nobody gives a hoot about cyclists. Like Mud says most of our races are also on the N1 no problem. Mostly N1 very quit. Long weekends and days of school closing N1 always a no-no.

jip that the prob in Jhb and Pta also, if we train on the normal roads people try and run us over, but we still train on them, and we also have races on the highway, but we dont train on them

if it's safe, i've got no hassle. just one question though: is it legal? (this usually doesn't bother me either.

wel dis belaglik' date=' julle is stupid, en daai pad is so besig, ek sal dit opvat met iemand[/quote']

Jy het 'n groter kans om raakgery te word op enige van die ander paaie by ons!!
Savage2008-03-25 02:57:36

no it is not legal, thats why im going on about it, if something happens the cyclist is going to blame the cars and the cyclist is not suppose to be on the n1, in jhb they i know of a pro that has been caught im wont say names, but he was taken of the highway by traffic cops

julle is stupid

Jy het 'n groter kans om raakgery te word op enige van die ander paaie by ons!!

Jou stupid. Race jy Saterdag?

well it is still wrong doesnt matter what you say

Let it go. And dont comment if you dont understand our situation.