650b Wheelsets, wideness, spokness, confusedness...

NGUTF

Nice review on wide lightnings:

http://twentynineinches.com/2014/07/06/american-classic-wide-lightning-29er-wheels-final-review/

Includes reviews from out of the box, to long term.

I also really like the idea of them. They just sound too good to be true, and will cry if I ding them to death.

I like to take reviews with a pinch of salt, however, it's probably true that these guys ride them harder to test them than I ever would ride normally or even recklessly.

Their lightness is tempting me so badly. And they look sweet too. 

Edited by MarcBurger

email dave@spokeandspanner.co.za,  cell 072 222 7185

Physical address 97 Lachlan Road, Glenferness, Midrand 2191

You got mail

Great topic. Haven't commented on anything for ages on the hub.  :thumbup:

Glad to have been of assistance  :clap:

Nice review on wide lightnings:

http://twentynineinches.com/2014/07/06/american-classic-wide-lightning-29er-wheels-final-review/

Includes reviews from out of the box, to long term.

I also really like the idea of them. They just sound too good to be true, and will cry if I ding them to death.

I like to take reviews with a pinch of salt, however, it's probably true that these guys ride them harder to test them than I ever would ride normally or even recklessly.

Their lightness is tempting me so badly. And they look sweet too. 

checking it out thanks! Its v pity we don't get a lot of SA product reviews on the scale as you get them overseas, bigger markets etc  obviously 

Thanks Naas, so which would you recommend then?? AM's @ 32mm or the Easton @ 26mm width? Had a look at Easton wheels when I first started looking but the LBS steered me towards the Mavic's. I like the fact that the Easton requires no rim tape, not sure if that is just sales talk and you should put tape on regardless?

My personal choice would be AC Wide Lightnings...

Thanks Naas, so which would you recommend then?? AM's @ 32mm or the Easton @ 26mm width? Had a look at Easton wheels when I first started looking but the LBS steered me towards the Mavic's. I like the fact that the Easton requires no rim tape, not sure if that is just sales talk and you should put tape on regardless?

My personal choice would be AC Wide Lightnings...

Could you share your reasoning please?