2015 Merida Big Nine Team Custom Build

Hey all!

So I have this idea in my head, and I would kinda like to know what you all think. Why? Because I want to start a project and sell it when it is finished!

I am currently on a Merida Big Nine Team. The 2012 model. I am yet to pick up my new 2015 Big Nine Team Frame. So I had a thought.

Rather than just rebuild the bike as is with the old components, I want to invest a little in this and make a project out of it.

My idea:

- I was thinking of doing a custom paint job on the crankset (still with matching black/green/white colourscheme), just to add in a bit of freshness.

- I want to rebuild the wheels and incorporate some green & silver nipples and about 6 green spokes paired with white Pillar Spokes laced to Dt Swiss 240s hubs and I completely blacked the scandium rims by removing the stickers,.

- Have the DT Swiss XM100 carbon fork changed from 100mm travel to 80mm of travel with the idea of some white black and green paintjob for the fork lowers maybe?

- Get a X01 groupset fitted on the bike, in contrast with the 1x10 XX drivetrain that is currently fitted.

- I want to give special attention to the small stuff, which will make this bike one of a kind. Maybe with some custom gold Avid Matchmakers and gold bolts all round? If you like the idea of going all Titanium bolts, let me know!

- Added features like a built in powermeter/disc preference etc can be talked about!

The new frame is going to be fitted with a carbon ProCraft cockpit allround, and some Spez tyres and Supacaz grips!

My goal with this bike is to make it the only one of it's kind in SA. Obviously I will give some thought to the weight factor, and not turn this bike into a tractor. I had a thought of throwing some carbon wheels onto those white & green spokes and DT hubs, but would anybody be interested in buying this bike with some carbon hoops? If so, it will definitely be new Roval Rims with a custom paint job I think. The penultimate thing I think would be is to fit this bike with an XTR Di2 groupset hey?

Would anyone buy this bike if it fell somewhere in the 45-55k price range? It's going to be a specTACULAR ride

Let me know! Maybe I can change my idea's to fit the buyers' choices like some enve carbon hoops or a different cockpit or anything really! :whistling:

Thanks!

Edited by White Light Racing

• 2 weeks later...