Exclusive: 2016 Momsen VIPA Trail Prototype

Iwan Kemp

Man I have been waiting for you to write this article for a while now Crow.

Waiting waiting waiting... and them bam - still no confirmation on the rear travel! 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

650b wheels on size smalls?

How much longer TT in comparison to the same size regular Vipa?

650b wheels on size smalls?

How much longer TT in comparison to the same size regular Vipa?

I would rather like to see a comparison between the reach dimensions of the Vipa Trail and the XC Vipa.

If you have a slack seat tube angle you can have a long top tube with a short reach, but with a steeper seat tube angle you can have a longer reach with the same top tube length.

Assuming you are referring to this:

"The lower BB allows it to rip around berms without causing pedal strikes on every bend."

It doesn't say "fewer". But compared to an Ibis Ripley there have definitely been less pedal strikes.

Hope this helps.

Okay, so despite the lower BB its not a pedal klapping nightmare :-)

I'd like to see how long the front centre is. Slacker usually means longer and getting toolong up front ain't so lekker for the singletrack climbing

I'd like to see how long the front centre is. Slacker usually means longer and getting toolong up front ain't so lekker for the singletrack climbing

Who cares about climbing :-) Its a 29er and thats a bigger hindrance right there... :ph34r:

Who cares about climbing :-) Its a 29er and thats a bigger hindrance right there... :ph34r:

these are the new breed and they RIP and its a 29er also have a look at Evil The Following and Transitions Smuggler.Dissing a 29ers are gonna change with these bikes.

The Momsen logo on the top tube features a "camouflage" design idea borrowed from the car industry to keep prying eyes guessing. 

You know what would keep me guessing......no decals.

ja,ja....... :)

decals are actually quite catchy, they should try use them for the basis of the bikes production paint job......

ja,ja....... :)

decals are actually quite catchy, they should try use them for the basis of the bikes production paint job......

Hey! I said that as well... 

:)

They're really kiff decals. 

This bike will obviously have the Momsen fanboys jizzing their pants, but honestly, how will this bike be any different from the hordes of other mid-travel trail bikes?

It really doesn't seem to be anything new or special.