2015 FNB Wines2Whales

JasonS

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent work there. Also feel free to carry my bike up the portage section on Friday!! Thanks.

I'll include in the rules:

Somebody to carry Copperhead's bike up the portage section on Friday.

First timer here and also got last min entry to do Adventure! This portage section sounds like a mission!  Considering wearing my tekkies and flat pedals for this walk  :blink:  :whistling:

I wonder if the stuff-up with last year's rider top sizes got the organizers to go "one size up" for the rider tops this year...?

I was lucky enough to swap out last year to get the right size, but from what I remember quite a few guys weren't so lucky. And they are really cool tops, so it would be a pity if it doesn't fit. 

First timer here and also got last min entry to do Adventure! This portage section sounds like a mission!  Considering wearing my tekkies and flat pedals for this walk  :blink:  :whistling:

Hey WaldoZ,

The walk is terrible, but you'll be worse off on flats for the rest of the race just because of it. Take your time on the path on your mtb shoes and when you get to the top, fly down the otherside.

Edited by nox1111

Hi, first time doing W2W and looking forward to it, luggage wise, is the bag they give you big enough to carry general stuff you need, I travel fairly light, or should you bring your own bag?

Also is the coffee there good, or should I bring my little Gas thing with Bialetti?

Hi, first time doing W2W and looking forward to it, luggage wise, is the bag they give you big enough to carry general stuff you need, I travel fairly light, or should you bring your own bag?

Also is the coffee there good, or should I bring my little Gas thing with Bialetti?

If the bag is the same size as those we got 2 years ago its more than enough

If the bag is the same size as those we got 2 years ago its more than enough

Hi so therefor arrive with your bike and a plastic bag with your kit and put it into the bag? Can you use your own bag?

Hi so therefor arrive with your bike and a plastic bag with your kit and put it into the bag? Can you use your own bag?

Usually you would register on Thursday, get your bag there, then on Friday it gets loaded before the race starts.

Not sure if you can use your own if they provide you with one. But I had no problem fitting all my stuff. Afaik its bigger than the Epic bag.

Pack your bag after registration. Bring it back on Race morning. Coffee is good enough. If you have space for camping stove and your own coffee then why not

post your raceno so we can come over for coffee

Just to double check: They are allocating tents this year not 1st come 1st serve like in past?

the video clip says your bag and tag no matches your tent no.