Knox, Evans to settle unfinished Cape Epic business

News bot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't show on any podium- old news in terms of pro riders IMO...

Especially if they have to ride the whole route and not whinge about being bust taking shortcuts...

Get James Reid a strong partner and watch him make a name for himself.

Isn't he riding with Erik Kleinhans.. that means they will ride backup for Sauser and Kulharvy no?

Get James Reid a strong partner and watch him make a name for himself.

Pair him with Craig Boyes....

They have backing from proper cycling governing bodies, proper coaching and proper money behind them.

Other that that- not much...

Yip and as many kids and people riding bikes as we have kids playing rugby. All about development.

would rather see James Reid make a name for himself on the world XCO stage......

say what you like XCM is still plays 2nd fiddle internationally.

would rather see James Reid make a name for himself on the world XCO stage......

say what you like XCM is still plays 2nd fiddle internationally.

Exactly. Reid isn't competing in the Epic, as he has said on numerous occasions that he considers himself an XCO rider, not XCM.

South Africans are obsessed with XCM, but internationally XCO is where the prestige and money lies. How many people on this site ever mention Absalon, but he is without a doubt probably (one of) the greatest MTB'ers of all time. 

Put Reid on a XCO course with guys like Evans, Knox and most of our SA marathon heroes and he'll wipe the floor with them.

Isn't he riding with Erik Kleinhans.. that means they will ride backup for Sauser and Kulharvy no?

I thought Bell & Kleinhans are backup.

Guest notmyname

Rourke Croeser and Travis Walker is who I'm watching this year. I think these two are going to make wave in the years to come.

Edited by Soapbox

I thought Bell & Kleinhans are backup.

Yes they are.. I had it all mixed up..[emoji85]

I just really hope that RECM send Reid to Europe to ride as many xco world cups as possible, he needs to ride against the best as often as possible.

They have backing from proper cycling governing bodies, proper coaching and proper money behind them.

Other that that- not much...

and proper drug programmes  :ph34r: