Inter School Eliminator Series: third and final round

News bot

Sunday 15 February saw Bloemendal Wine Estate host the third and final round of the Inter School Eliminator Series for the Western Cape. There was plenty of hype leading up to this event as the riders tried to figure out which sections of the trails we would be using. To riders and spectators amazement, we didn't use any of the existing trails, instead farm manager Lombard Loubser built a full track for the race including a wine barrel jump and a bridge over the swimming pool! The course offered up plenty of over taking opportunity once the riders had managed to get grip on the gravel driveway of the start sprint.

Click here to view the article

Firstly, congratulations and well done to the organisers of this event!

We by chance saw this race over the weekend when taking the boys out for a ride.

The atmosphere at the race if electrifying, great support from the parents and some LBS's that had little stores with odds and ends available.

Some of these youngsters really rock a bike!

On the pump track afterwards a couple came out to do a few laps, their ability to jump and their acceleration is great to see.

Event's like this are great and hopefully they will be one of the critical stepping stones for some youngsters to achieve their dreams if they wish to excel on a world wide racing platform.

General riders, parents, schools, get out there and support this event!

H