Cyclist down in Camps Bay

VeloRacer

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No words. We are a truly callous society. I stayed 50m down from the accident site over Dec / Jan, and was amazed & inspired to see the amount of cyclists using that road. You would think that by now, motorists would know & factor that into their day... RIP fellow rider.

R.I.P. to the rider.

So very sad!

Here is another incident of a cyclist being knocked over (and killed), while just riding along.

Stay Wider of the Rider. Sounds catchy, but its not being enforced!

All the safety tips and good cyclist behavior in the world cannot stop bad driving.

Its seems that most of the cyclist deaths lately have come as a result of driver error/negligence/impatience and not riding 2 abreast etc.

Too much happening in a confined space at the moment on that route. Had a close encounter this weekend with a myciti......... not so safe anymore.  RIP brother/sister!

Gut wrenching and heart breaking! Feel so uber bleak for this family. Next of kin about to get some calls and their whole world falling apart as we sit around typing this....

Had many close calls with myciti on that road. I swear they all ex taxi drivers.

RIP

.... Some of them are.... They employed them when they bought out there contracts .......

If we can just get the MyCiti bus drivers to be aware of the 1m rule, then it would be a great start. They are JUST as dangerous as the taxi drivers.

Just out of curiosity, we all know about the 1m rule/law, but how many motorists actually know about this new law. Very few!!!

And it's all good & well to have a new law, but how has this law ever been inforced?

RIP to my fellow 2 wheel fanatic.

RIP. Yet another senseless murder of a fellow cyclist.

Not necessarily a murder. Please all just own the road when riding in narrow streets.

RIP Fellow Rider.

So sad and it gets worse and worse! Driver education regarding fellow road users is none existent! Would be interesting to see if the 1m rule is even being taught to new drivers!