Cyclefunatic in Durbanville no longer Specialized agent

Tienie

Tienie, I hate to break it to you, perhaps you want to sit down for this...

There are lots of other bikes on the market besides Spaz....

Also, these other bikes are as good as or even better than Spaz...

Also, some of these bike brands will charge you prices that are not a complete rip-off...

Just saying

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will probably be (yet) another distributor for Trek by 2016.... :whistling:

Nah, had an interesting chat with them. They are pushing longterm and trek bonti primarily focused.

I hope they can walk the talk as it would be great to have trek as a serious contender in our market.

Can anyone say Penske!

Tienie, I hate to break it to you, perhaps you want to sit down for this...

There are lots of other bikes on the market besides Spaz....

Also, these other bikes are as good as or even better than Spaz...

Also, some of these bike brands will charge you prices that are not a complete rip-off...

Just saying

Hate to break it to you...but that "whooooosh" sound is the point going over your head. :-)

These concept stores takes the personal service out of it - like Makro etc

Think of then more like a specific car dealership....hell, some bikes are the price of small cars anyway.

If a good lbs with dedicated and passionate staff go from being a general dealer lbs to a concept store lbs ...... What changes other than stock?

MR Sauce , mint I think lol ! just joking .... interesting avatar u got..

I own other brand bikes too ie Cannondale.

The point i want to make is, if Spez is forcing Cyclefunatic out cause they want some heavy to open a concept store, we should petition/boikot whatever tthe clever word is. We need to keep "local is lekker"

Rapunzel, I also agree variety is king.....

MR Sauce , mint I think lol ! just joking .... interesting avatar u got..

I own other brand bikes too ie Cannondale.

The point i want to make is, if Spez is forcing Cyclefunatic out cause they want some heavy to open a concept store, we should petition/boikot whatever tthe clever word is. We need to keep "local is lekker"

Rapunzel, I also agree variety is king.....

Boycott Specialized? haha.

Nah, had an interesting chat with them. They are pushing longterm and trek bonti primarily focused.

I hope they can walk the talk as it would be great to have trek as a serious contender in our market.

Can anyone say Penske!

"die Groot Trek" concept store! Pretty apt for The Boerewors Curtain!

OK ? This is from Deon to me . End of June is end of Spez in his shop . He is not sure what is going to happen ito brands . Going to talk to him about Cannondale ....

OK ? This is from Deon to me . End of June is end of Spez in his shop . He is not sure what is going to happen ito brands . Going to talk to him about Cannondale ....

That bad news. Bought a lot of Spez Products from them, as they carry quite a wide variety of stock. I only use Bmt Stellenbosch, Cornerstone in Paarl or Cyclefunatic. I avoid the concept stores. 

I must admit I'm not a big fan of the concept store idea. Like someone mentioned earlier it's just a bigger, fancier bike shop whereas with Deon you get a "family/community feeling" when you pop into the store. Example, the new giant concept store (in my opinion) is a waste of good retail space. I'm still to be greeted by someone there (have been there 3 times with my daughter and wife), their pricing is crazy and I just feel weird there.. etc etc. 

Ideal shop (concept or local) for me would be one which stocks 3-4 major brands, has a excellent workshop, can get you whatever bike/part you want within a week, provides friendly service and has a Collcachios close by. OO, wait... I think someone already has such a shop..

BUT, this is just my opinion and I'm only on cup 2 of my morning coffee so don't start up the flame throwers yet!! :ph34r:

I must admit I'm not a big fan of the concept store idea. Like someone mentioned earlier it's just a bigger, fancier bike shop whereas with Deon you get a "family/community feeling" when you pop into the store. Example, the new giant concept store (in my opinion) is a waste of good retail space. I'm still to be greeted by someone there (have been there 3 times with my daughter and wife), their pricing is crazy and I just feel weird there.. etc etc. 

Ideal shop (concept or local) for me would be one which stocks 3-4 major brands, has a excellent workshop, can get you whatever bike/part you want within a week, provides friendly service and has a Collcachios close by. OO, wait... I think someone already has such a shop..

BUT, this is just my opinion and I'm only on cup 2 of my morning coffee so don't start up the flame throwers yet!! :ph34r:

Absolutely agree. Only nice thing about concept stores are that they carry a lot of stock.