Tour de PPA 2015

Sebastian77

Cool, I never thought of thorns as friends! :thumbup:

Edit: Good grief, how did this post of mine end up in this thread? Must be fat finger syndrome because my head is fine!

Edited by DJR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a rider on A B C D and E. Break away in A, B was pretty decent. D caught C really quickly and our guy in E had a gp4000 tear in half. Wind was enough to be a nuisance. Some big excited all around.

Last foods race before the cycle tour.

He worked so hard for our group and suddenly disapeared;;; now i known why!! Unlucky

I took a tumble in A, can anybody tell me how it happened as I have no idea. I just remember going down at full speed. Helmet took a massive hit.

did you hit the deck along the R312? I saw someone go down just next to me while we were all at full tilt scrambling for wheels in the crosswinds. looked like maybe the rider was trying to avoid something in the road and lost control of the bike after a big swerve.

looked really nasty. hope you or whoever it was is ok!

Edited by nuge

did you hit the deck along the R312? I saw someone go down just next to me while we were all at full tilt scrambling for wheels in the crosswinds. looked like maybe the rider was trying to avoid something in the road and lost control of the bike after a big swerve.

I know it was around the 45-49km mark. the paramedic said to me he has it on video, so I would like to see what caused it.

I cant believe a few years back people did not wear helmets in the tour de france, my helmet is in pieces, definitely saved me from serious head injuries.

Edited by koukie

I know it was around the 45-49km mark. the paramedic said to me he has it on video, so I would like to see what caused it.

I cant believe a few years back people did not wear helmets in the tour de france, my helmet is in pieces, definitely saved me from serious head injuries.

Well then you are one lucky bugger! Are you telling me you had no injuries apart from what I can only assume must be road rash from hell?

Edited by nuge

I heard a crash behind me and nearly took out a guy in front of me because he looked back and rode straight in front of me. that must have been your crash. Were you the only one that went down?

I heard a crash behind me and nearly took out a guy in front of me because he looked back and rode straight in front of me. that must have been your crash. Were you the only one that went down?

I was right behind the crash. was just one guy that went down, I thought he seemed ok and there was a medic there. I got stuck behind the crash with one other guy and we both never made it back to the bunch. Saw you guys dissappearing further and further up the road

Great event. My first road race since I broke my collarbone back in October. The marshalling through Durbanville was a bit suspect, we almost went down the wrong road because the marshalls and police were not clear with their directions. I was disgusted with the amount of cyclists who thought it okay to chuck their Gu wrappers on the route! No consideration.

I was disgusted with the amount of cyclists who thought it okay to chuck their Gu wrappers on the route! No consideration.

I can't believe how many people deliberately throw gu sachets out. I noticed it a few weeks ago at a PPA race. I emailed PPA asking what their policy is on littering, I have never had a reply.

It should be like IronMan - littering =DQ. Hell even the pros now have designated zones where they can drop litter.