Moderator Nominations: Forums and Classifieds

Matt

Hi Hubbers,

Over the past few weeks many would have noticed some changes in the moderation approach within our Forums. We have been far stricter than before, particularly noticeable when it comes to thread derailment and off-topic banter.

The discussion forums on The Hub have the potential to be a fantastic resource given the right approach from the moderation team and the community.

In order to support the goal of fostering more value-adding discussion we're focussing efforts on some key areas. In addition to the recent update to the community rules, moderator mandate and restructuring of forums we're calling for nominations for moderators.

In addition to the forums we're also looking for moderators within the Classifieds. In separate discussions many have called for more restrictions on first time posters and these moderators will assist in implementing some controls.

1) Forum Moderators
A key role of a forum moderator is to ensure that discussions and debates are carried out in an appropriate manner, in line with the community rules. Moderators also assist in some managerial duties such as moving topics, merging topics and weeding out and spammers, scammers and the like.

Newly appointed moderators will initially join the team in a junior moderator capacity with certain limitations. Specifically as a junior mod they would not have the ability to issue warnings or suspensions. This will be reviewed every 3 months.

2) Classifieds Moderators
Classified moderators will be responsible for vetting adverts posted by new users (approve / reject), comment moderation and general housekeeping, e.g. correcting categories, removing duplicates, etc.

Nominations
If you think you'd be up to the task in either area or would like to nominate a member you feel would be please send in your nominations:

• You can nominate any number of people including yourself
  • Include a brief motivation for each 
  • Include sections of interest: e.g. Forums only, Classifieds only, Global, etc.
  • (Please do not nominate in the comments below - these will not be considered)
  • Closing date for nominations 31 March 2015

Send your nominations to: moderators@thehubsa.co.za

Edited by Admin
Extended deadline

Hi all,

Just a shameless bump for the week ahead. Please don't forget to submit your nominations.

Thanks,

Matt