Cyclist down in Kalk Bay/ Clovelly?

porqui

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite why the trucks cannot go over Boyes Drive or Ou Kaapse Weg is beyond me, that main road is not built for large vehicles.

Unroadworthy, overloaded, poor brakes, poor drivers, traffic police looking the other way, that's why! Main road is nice and flat.  

RIP

Where the accident happened it their a solid white line? Most of this road has a solid white line but as I do not know exactly where the accident occurred I cannot be sure.

Condolences to the family and extended people affected by the death of a loved one.

But, until each and every one of us cyclists start to do something about our abhorrent conditions  this will continue.  I do not say I do something but I do know I have taken actions in the past and will do so in future.

I apologise in advance for raising the above paragraph in this thread but each and every one of us should be posting our condolences and then  (if we have not before) go to our local cycling representative, councillor, cycling club, etc and lobby and lobby and lobby and lobby.... ad nauseum to eventually rectify the situation.

Blame the city/City!!

We are the city.

A city is made up of people.

It is OUR attitude - inattention - care less ness - intolerance that's killing us.

(It has nothing to do with solid white lines either)

OUR does not mean cyclists but inhabitants - does not exclude cyclists.

Edited by porqui

I've also just tweeted them.

They'll be at the Cycle Tour I'm sure - maybe some protest action is needed.

Too much talk and no action.

This is one of the reasons I have not renewed my PPA membership.