Argus sub 3 Time line guide

Stricker

As mentioned, it's all group dependent.

A sprinter's guide (not me) : first third, do nothing and just draft; move into front half of group before Smuts. Move into first quarter before Chappies. Top 10% by Suikerbossie and draft until a kilometer before that sharp left turn where you should be in the top 20. Don't sprint too early, because always a head wind.

A bit tongue in cheek; in reality, help with pacing / race if you can.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it's all about the group and a think your a little far back for a sub 3. Hopefully you get it done though. Let us know

That's the plan.

Same like we did in the 99er, pull very hard over the first 20km, catch a group or 2 and let then hang on

I think if you manage to catch a group ahead of you, then that group isn't going to be fast enough to do a sub 3 with. You have to drop that group and hope there's a couple of strong guys in that group that go with you. Repeat that through multiple groups.

Days of the Sub 3 are numbered I heard. After the problems I heard about groups catching other groups, Ladies Elites, Vets riding together, coming to complete stops in Kalk Bay, even for the front groups due to congestion.... I would rather ride this "Tour" as a joy ride on a SS and have a hipster suip in Camps Bay, maybe stop a knot or two on the way around.

• 2 weeks later...

and uncle flu is here to visit me :(  :( :(  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  

Came down with a cold last night as well. Also in 2A

Are you recovered? I'm in a race against time to just make the race start. :blink:  :wacko:

Are you recovered? I'm in a race against time to just make the race start. :blink:  :wacko:

I usually use corenza C for the first 2 days then sinutab....gets me up and runing by day 4

I usually use corenza C for the first 2 days then sinutab....gets me up and runing by day 4

Thanks. I started the Corenza this morning. And some Panadol cold and flu.

Massive jug of boiled ginger, squeezed lemon and honey with some cinnamon.

Good food and already feel like the germ is exiting. Fingers crossed.

Relax! You can arrive an hour and a half late for the start and still make that sub 3!

Top of Hospital Hill, 35 minutes, royal wave to every spectator along the route, BBQ Smokehouse, Woodstock full rack of ribs for breakfast, 1hr 35 minutes, Westlake turnaround 2hrs 20 minutes, top of Hospital Hill 2hrs 50 minutes, framestand victory parade all the way down to Heerengracht for bonus points.