Trans Karoo 2015

Disco man

I don't see the event in this years calendar, well entered this year and when I started to look for accommodation in Sutherland and Ceres and battled to find I realized this might be bigger than I thought?

How's been there, done it, and will do it again?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder were did all the accommodation go if it is only Buyer, me and a friend that's doing the Trans Karoo this year.[emoji3]

I managed to move a big shoulder operation to later in the Winter and can now do the Trans Karoo but missed the early entries.

If someone's not going anymore I will gladly buy your entry from you.

8 weeks to go, 7 weeks to still put some miles in the legs!!!

Edited by Frohan

The wife and I doing the 36ONE on the 17th and then the TK,accommodation booked last year already

This will be my first attempt. Will be heading towards Sutherland after the 36one. There is plenty of accommodation in the caravan and campsite just outside Sutherland.

Looking forward to this. Will be my first time in Sutherland  :clap:

Doing my 3rd one. Booked accommodation in advance. This year the down ride is different to the last one. No Skittlespass and Katbakkies(lucky buggers) The stretch between point 3 and 4 is about 60km long, thats how the up ride was last year. We are doing the up ride in reverse. If you are a racing snake and used to long rides this will be a breeze, however if you are medium(like me) make sure that you have warm clothing from CheckPoint 4 till the end as it gets DAMN cold. 2 light batteries will bring you home. We had enough food and drinks at the water points last year. Medics and support staff were awesome. Enjoy. 

This will be my first attempt. Will be heading towards Sutherland after the 36one. There is plenty of accommodation in the caravan and campsite just outside Sutherland.

Looking forward to this. Will be my first time in Sutherland  :clap:

Camping in Sutherland in May is only for the brave & dumb....

If someone's not going anymore I will gladly buy your entry from

Entries still open, entered last night.

• 5 weeks later...

Any entries available? PLEASE

Received a mail this morning that entries will close on the 12th, maybe just contact the organizers: entries@orangeanvil.co.za

Good luck

Guest Karma

Mailed them, sorry, we are full. 

Moving on.

Ok so I read in the latest TK newsletter that interaction between supporters and cyclists at the 2 spectator points is now forbidden.

I think that is kind of uncool...? Or is it just me?