Cycling South Africa, Pedal Power Association reach agreement

News bot

It is with great pleasure that Cycling South Africa, Pedal Power Association and the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust announce that an agreement has been reached between the three organisations in respect of the 2015 Cape Town Cycle Tour. The outcome of recent discussions between the parties is that the events of the Cape Town Lifecycle Week have been placed on the National Cycling Calendar of Cycling SA.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone seriously surprised that the PPA/CSA have come to an agreement on the Argust? Just posturing from both sides to my mind ....

I will take the liberty to say on behalf of all licencse cyclist (and some non licensed) and the spectator who like to see the best feild at this event in action - Thank you to all parties involved to working out an agreement on behalf of the cyclists. This does indeed make us “the cyclist” not just feel like “pawn" but rather the people / members that all the parties are serving.

Hope the decission is not to late for the likes of CAV to ride!

CSA gave up too easily... unless Rock has it right

Not sure I follow you - would you have preferred a situation where licensed riders are banned & fined for doing a funride?

Anyway, last year this rule was suspended, this year a deal was made for 2015 - so what will happen in 2016 onwards? Doesn't matter on whose side you are in this "problem", its obvious that the situation between PPA & CSA needs to be sorted out permanently otherwise we are just delaying the mess for another year.

Looks like for 2016 i'll be taking out day licenses until after the Fun ride World Champs, will work out more expensive but no ban or event suspensions.

Looks like for 2016 i'll be taking out day licenses until after the Fun ride World Champs, will work out more expensive but no ban or event suspensions.

Thinking outside the box :thumbup:

..............................Doesn't matter on whose side you are in this "problem", its obvious that the situation between PPA & CSA needs to be sorted out permanently otherwise we are just delaying the mess for another year.

Agreed 100%. With the emphasis on PERMANENTLY. Which means an agreement that is fair to all parties and that is sustainable in the long run.