So whats your resting heart rate?

Barker

40 years old.  laid on bed for an hour in the evening , checked garmin, 43 bpm. Highest it went was 182bpm but otherwise I generally top out at 173 bpm.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peak is normally the sensor going dry, normally on downhills. I often get it in first 15 minutes of ride

My resting about 44, peak 174. Age 38ish

Edited by karman

Aren't you meant to measure first thing when you wake up?

Closest I have come to that is wake up..running kit on...stretch...start gps...and it was 42....so I reckon resting must be round about 38.....I'm 39 yrs old...knocking on the big 4 0

40 years old.  laid on bed for an hour in the evening , checked garmin, 43 bpm. Highest it went was 182bpm but otherwise I generally top out at 173 bpm.

Quite high HR for being on the bed, haha

I am 25yrs old. Resting is 48, maxed out on 194, but the funny thing is, when I got out of bed to put on the kettle it went up to 90

Mine's about 56.

I'm 47yrs.

Peaked briefly at 230 during the PPA 'funride' on Sunday - is this something to be concerned about?

You probably should change that garmin chest strap to the new polar strap, just the strap not the sensor

Aren't you meant to measure first thing when you wake up?

Closest I have come to that is wake up..running kit on...stretch...start gps...and it was 42....so I reckon resting must be round about 38.....I'm 39 yrs old...knocking on the big 4 0

If you are fit you will attain your resting heart rate after about 3 minutes of inactivity assuming sufficient rest after last exertion. So walking to the kettle and standing still for a while should not increase your HR by 4 beats a minute,