Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

I’m getting like 1000m more than what it should be on most activities. I tried a soft reset and recalibrated the altimeter but it dis not help. I think I’ll take the watch to Navworld so they can have a look.

Had wild readings on elevation as well; barometer poked; couldn’t be fixed, had to pay in R2000 for a new F3 (was out of warranty)

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I am trying to get across is that when I do a Preloaded Workout which drives my run, a new page show up as the first Page, and all the normal Run Pages are also there.

I can modify all those other pages, no problem. I know how to change the layout and change a field.

But I can't change the page that says "Run 6.41 KM", and then shows me how far I still need to go and "172-212W" as my target Wattage and then below it the actual current Watts.

Have any of you been able to modify this separate Workout page that comes when you select to do a Workout from Garmin Connect on a Run Profile?

post-27827-0-59316500-1596460499_thumb.png

Had wild readings on elevation as well; barometer poked; couldn’t be fixed, had to pay in R2000 for a new F3 (was out of warranty)

Ai. I’ll probably have a similar issue then.

Hi All,

Have you have wildly inaccurate elevation readings?

I seem to mostly have it with running more than cycling.

Yes, Did a little stroll the other day and it told me I had about 1900 metres elevation. There was a recent firmware update. I wonder if that introduced the issue?

Yes, Did a little stroll the other day and it told me I had about 1900 metres elevation. There was a recent firmware update. I wonder if that introduced the issue?

I had it before that even. I was hoping the update would fix it.

My Fenix 3 HR is awesome - it works well. I also own a 5x. The only things that irritate me in use of the 3 vs the 5 are that emojis don't render and some apps (Telegram) give a summary of unread messages instead of the actual message. It's impressive that Garmin still supports the Fenix 3.

What I am trying to get across is that when I do a Preloaded Workout which drives my run, a new page show up as the first Page, and all the normal Run Pages are also there.

I can modify all those other pages, no problem. I know how to change the layout and change a field.

But I can't change the page that says "Run 6.41 KM", and then shows me how far I still need to go and "172-212W" as my target Wattage and then below it the actual current Watts.

Have any of you been able to modify this separate Workout page that comes when you select to do a Workout from Garmin Connect on a Run Profile?

I've only used it in Cycle mode, but had the same. I don't believe the "workout" page is editable.

I've only used it in Cycle mode, but had the same. I don't believe the "workout" page is editable.

Thanks, I think you are right.

I'll use Auto Scroll to achieve what I want to do.

• 5 weeks later...

What’s frustrating is that only heart rate goals are zoned on this page, power isn’t so you are constantly guessing your power input to make goal.

For another Fenix 3 or a newer model?

Another fenix 3. But I’m happy, more watch than I need but I would like that solar charging story. I never asked if I could have upgraded.

• 3 weeks later...

Another fenix 3. But I’m happy, more watch than I need but I would like that solar charging story. I never asked if I could have upgraded.

I think the fenix 3 is too much tech for most, even 5 yrs after its launch.

We will hear stories of grandparents handing them down for generations to come.

I’ve heard of a number of issues the the 5 and 6 series, I think Garmin had their ducks in a row properly with the 3.

• 1 month later...

FYI.

The Fenix 3 is supposedly NOT compatible with Varia Rear Tail light Radar...

Well, I found a workaround to make it compatible. I didn't want to go and buy a specific device just to be able to also have the Varia feedback while riding.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7150856#p7150856

After being unable to see his APP on the Connect Store, I mailed the guy at:

mjunk.myjunk@gmail.com

He replied that Garmin pulled his app from the Connect Site due to "Safety Concerns".

He then sent me the software files directly via email and I can say it works, the Radar picks up and displays on the Fenix 3.

There is much life left in these Fenix 3's

post-27827-0-16160100-1605258420_thumb.png

FYI.

The Fenix 3 is supposedly NOT compatible with Varia Rear Tail light Radar...

Well, I found a workaround to make it compatible. I didn't want to go and buy a specific device just to be able to also have the Varia feedback while riding.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7150856#p7150856

After being unable to see his APP on the Connect Store, I mailed the guy at: mjunk.myjunk@gmail.com

He replied that Garmin pulled his app from the Connect Site due to "Safety Concerns".

He then sent me the software files directly via email and I can say it works, the Radar picks up and displays on the Fenix 3.

There is much life left in these Fenix 3's

Wow ????