The SahmuraiSword: A new way to carry your tubeless repair kit

News bot

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that looks better. lost my Sahmurai plugger at Van Gaalens. it just works itself loose and falls out, quite frustrating for an expensive item.

I ride with 2 pluggers, one on each side, both preloaded with the sticky plugs so that they are ready to go if I puncture. Punctured 3 times at Sabie this year so this works well, because pulling the sticky fat plug through the plugger is fiddly and time wasting.

The reamer has always been quite useless. If the hole is big enough for the sealent not to plug, then its big enough to receive the plug without first wasting 1minute making the hole "smoother"

Edited by Li Mu Bai

that looks better. lost my Sahmurai plugger at Van Gaalens. it just works itself loose and falls out, quite frustrating for an expensive item.

I ride with 2 pluggers, one on each side, both preloaded with the sticky plugs so that they are ready to go if I puncture. Punctured 3 times at Sabie this year so this works well, because pulling the sticky fat plug through the plugger is fiddly and time wasting.

The reamer has always been quite useless. If the hole is big enough for the sealent not to plug, then its big enough to receive the plug without first wasting 1minute making the hole "smoother"

Purpose of the reamer is a) to make sure the plug will fit and b) to precoat the hole with glue before inserting the plug.

The Sahmurai seems to forego the glue bit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by JXV

I gotta say after initially loving the Sahmurais I'm not a big fan any more.

They work loose and fall out and/or strip when you try and tighten them enough to stop them coming out...

Awesome initial idea/design but it's time for Version 2.0 that works better!

• 3 years later...

So yesterday on my commute to work I managed to loose one half of my sahmurai. It also happens to be the side with the plug, so the remaining part is pretty useless to me unless I want to stab someone. Thing is I know they don't stay in so well and I am always checking them. I only noticed when I was leaving to go home, this morning I took the same route and looked for it but nothing. Anyway, I need to replace it but don't want to go the same route as it will only happen again. So what other brand is there that gets stored somewhere on the bike, preferably hidden. What does everyone else use?

So yesterday on my commute to work I managed to loose one half of my sahmurai. It also happens to be the side with the plug, so the remaining part is pretty useless to me unless I want to stab someone. Thing is I know they don't stay in so well and I am always checking them. I only noticed when I was leaving to go home, this morning I took the same route and looked for it but nothing. Anyway, I need to replace it but don't want to go the same route as it will only happen again. So what other brand is there that gets stored somewhere on the bike, preferably hidden. What does everyone else use?

I use the slug plug, fits nicely in my blackburn switch bag thingy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKWxOHm2Djg

I just grind down the generic screwdriver type plug applicator and glue it into my bar end plug.

Push back into the handlebar with loaded plug and spare.

I assume you have decent bar ends? The ones I am used to are the flimsy plastic ones that usually come with the grips. They also don't seem to stay in so well.

I assume you have decent bar ends? The ones I am used to are the flimsy plastic ones that usually come with the grips. They also don't seem to stay in so well.

Normally use any plastic bar end with a hole in the insert side.  ESI ones you get with their foam grips work the best.  I have them in 7 bikes and have never lost one that just fell out (Clipping trees is a different story). 

What does everyone else use?

I use the Lyne Holy Rail and bag.  It's great!  All my bike repair stuff goes in there as well as my activity permit so everything I need is always on the bike.  It makes no noise whatsoever and is simple.  

Pic from BikeHub:

ccs-62657-0-67491100-1545286506.jpg