Rapidé Ultralight Hubs

mjacres

Hi Hubbers

I've been reading topics for a while and have yet to post something but I think I've come across something that needs your help.

I am looking at new hubs for a 2015 Giant Trance 27.5 2. I bought a set of WTB KOM i23 rims and am looking to build a nice trail wheelset. Some info that I think is relevant:

Weight: 78kg

Riding style: Trail, aggressive XC and marathon

I noticed that The Rapidé Ultralight Hubs are incredibly competitively priced and I am quite interested in a set. Obviously Hope/Chris King are tried and trusted but I am quite keen on supporting lical particularly if it is a bargain and good quality.

Does anyone have any experience with Rapidé hubs?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. I'm quite keen to give them a go.

Just a bit hesitant to take the plunge.

What wheelset/bike are they going on? What riding do you do?

i would also like to know about their PAWL setup on those hubs...don't see it on their site...would like to rather have the i25 KOM,s though

i25's would have been awesome. But I was impatient and the i23's were readily available.

Read a lot of good things about the i23's though so I still think it's a good option. Lighter than Arch EX and wider. I don't need more than that.

i25's would have been awesome. But I was impatient and the i23's were readily available.

Read a lot of good things about the i23's though so I still think it's a good option. Lighter than Arch EX and wider. I don't need more than that.

will be interested to know when you take off the original giant rims how much they weigh. As the Kom 25,s are only 18grams heavier than the 23,s and over 100g lighter than the flows

Edited by Mawbs

Fetched my wheels built on these hubs this afternoon, very impressed so far. Will report back after first long ride. Like the snti bite guard on the free body. Bearings smooth as silk and readily available apparently.Comes with two qr's, 15mm adapters in front and 12mm adapters for rear.

Edited by martinsnyman

Fetched my wheels built on these hubs this afternoon, very impressed so far. Will report back after first long ride. Like the snti bite guard on the free body. Bearings smooth as silk and readily available apparently.Comes with two qr's, 15mm adapters in front and 12mm adapters for rear.

Really looking forward to your thoughts. Keep me posted.

How did you get yours tonight? Thought they are still waiting on the spokes?

Hi Vinne I ordered rhe hubs and rims from Kiwi and got the spokes from Epic cycles who built the wheels for me

cool i dont like them to loud...wonder if Kiwi has all the specs on them ?? Pawl engagement etc 

cool i dont like them to loud...wonder if Kiwi has all the specs on them ?? Pawl engagement etc 

Hi Mawbs,

I've updated the hub spec info on our website. The cassette (standard and XD driver) body has four paws and the drive ring is 24t. Cassette body is AL7075 with a steel insert to prevent gouging.

Cassette Body:

http://rapide.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Rapide-Ultralight-PRO-Cassette-Body.jpg

Edited by Kiwi