Race report: Going for the win at 24 Hours of Oak Valley

raymakestv

When I was 8 or 9 years old, I won a competition in the jellybean journal; that's the kiddies section of the newspaper. They called me up on stage at school to get my prize. The horror. That was pretty embarrassing. For the next twenty years I won nothing and did nothing impressive with my life.

Click here to view the article

:clap: Great report! Huge respect. A long ride for me is 8 -9 hours. One day I'll just  go mad and attempt a 24 hr race.

What a Fantastic read, shows that with hard work and dedication, one can achieve. if not a win, but your own personal goals.

Love your story and journey.

Well done. Sounds like the win couldn't have gone to a nicer guy.

Awesome write up - great motivational article! Also provides some insight into what it takes to partake in a 24 hour race.

Awesome

Something every rider who has done that race will be able to apprechiate.

Well done for having the balls to go for it. I hope you didnt have to drive your way back to town ;)

I did that once, Bad move.

Well done!  Makes me contemplate going solo for next year.  It's a good thing to aim for this far in advance.

Well done. You passed me 11:00 Sunday morning when I was hitting the 100km mark feeling really sorry for myself. However you looked super strong. It was my first 24hr event(team of 4) and I loved it. Doing a solo and the amount of laps you did is super human.

Curious, what was the final distance done?

Hey you guys are making me blush. Raydek, from my calculations I ended up doing 370kms, but with around 8000m of climbing.

Hey you guys are making me blush. Raydek, from my calculations I ended up doing 370kms, but with around 8000m of climbing.

Thanks.. Kudos dude.. Awesome achievement... :clap:  :clap:  :clap: