Wireless/bluetooth Earphones

DJ84

I would seriously recommend that if you are even a tiny bit phased about true audio fidelity you consider saving up a bit and looking at the Bose Soundsport wireless, yes some sport specific headphones have nicer “active features” but nothing beats Bose and Sennheiser when it comes down to sound quality

I considered them, but ultimately went with the 65t's.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/bose-soundsport-free-vs-jabra-elite-active-65t,review-6310.html

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I eventually gave up on the Method Wireless. 3 pairs in as many months. They've got a technical issue with them and will eventually fail according to Skullcandy SA. A recall is being considered the last I heard.

I bought the Jabra Elite Active 65t's and never looked back, so comfy I sometimes can't feel them in my ears and sound quality is incredible.

Very interesting that you are saying this. I had three pairs that this exact thing happened with. I gave up on wireless earphones after my third pair. One was a Chinese special bought of Alixpress, the other two was a MOXOM brand bought of Takealot looking almost the same as the Chinese make.

I would seriously recommend that if you are even a tiny bit phased about true audio fidelity you consider saving up a bit and looking at the Bose Soundsport wireless, yes some sport specific headphones have nicer “active features” but nothing beats Bose and Sennheiser when it comes down to sound quality

I can 2nd this - I have a pair of SoundSports (non-heart rate version) and am very happy with them. Sound quality is great, battery lasts and they do everything they promise to do. 

buy right, buy once - the sound quality is awesome, as is the build, the comfort, the connectivity, the batter life...if mine were to break, i would replace them without even considering it

Applies to everything. Get the best you can afford.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up getting this for R450 brand new: https://sensoshop.com/product-detail.php

Very happy with the sound quality and very comfortable.

Replaced the silicon eartips with foamtips out of the box, make a nice difference in comfort, noise cancellation and bass.

Budget was lowered due to other priorities.

Did you buy it online, and how was the shipping sorted? Maybe a review on them as well please

My 1-week Review On The SENSO ActivBuds S-250

Let me start by saying I was quite sceptical before buying these as I have never heard about the brand before. Nevertheless, I don't regret my decision at all and will happily recommend these sports earphones for anyone else.

OK, I did not buy these online. I bought it from my favourite and best PC-related forum, Carbonite. But you can get them yourself directly from Amazon:

The total price will be R440 as of writing this. Not bad but remember you won't have a warranty. For the price you pay I'd say it's fine. Different story if it was an R2000+ set of earphones.

Sound Quality & Performance
Very impressed to be honest! I am using a Creative Sound BlasterX H5 at home which is basically triple the price. Yes, I know it is not an apples to apples comparison but it will act as a baseline. I also borrowed my sister's JBL Tune110BT for the test. 

The Creative is very flat but super clear, while both the JBL and SENSO packs more punch in the bass department. Personally, I feel on high volume the JBL's make my ear sore in terms of the vocals, they are very high pitched.

I still feel the sound stage is much better on the Creative's but comparing the two on the song (Old Time Road - Remix) the SENSO's bass just made it more alive, something the Creative cannot live up to.

Battery life is also not bad at all for a set of wireless earphones - eight hours and I'll say they are spot on. 

As you all know who Zwift, you sweat even with fans. I am not a heavy sweater when riding outside but indoors is a different story, especially my arms and forehead. The concern I have with the Tune110BT is that they aren't officially sweat-resistant hence why halfway through my workout I ditched them when I starting sweating tremendously (did not want to break my sister's earphones). With the SENSO they are IPX7 waterproof rated the same as your Apple Watch, so if you start raining or you shower when it, you will be fine. Not that I will test out the last part but anyhow. I all done a few sessions on Zwift and got no issues at all with connectivity or shorting out thanks to the Bluetooth V4 on the earphones. One concern to me was my earholes, I was afraid that it will get very hot and not able to breathe, not the case with the SENSO. I did a 1h45min workout with no problems. Not only listening to music? They are perfect for podcasts as well. I use them to listen to the TrainerRoad podcasts when cleaning my bike or for more easier days on the trainer.

Build Quality
Look you pay for what you get. It's plastic but super sturdy and robust. The buttons do feel cheap but get the job done. Holding in the SENSO logo powers on/off the earphones, while holding the volume +/- will skip the track.

I am actually glad they went with plastic because it is really light not like my H5's which is quite heavy. But again, different use purposes - one for gaming/general music listen and the other purely for sports.

Comfort
This is a tricky one and it will apply to the person using it. For me, it is comfortable. I had them in my ears for three hours and forgot about them. As stated previously I removed the silicone ear tips and replaced them with the foam. 

Packaging
For R450, it is really good! You get a carry case which is very helpful for travelling (something you only get with the more premium headphones/earphones). In the box is the following:

- The Earphones
- Eartips (three pairs, small/medium/large and the foam ear tips)
- Carrying Case
- Cellphone Card Wallet
- Cellphone Car Mount

The last two items are more cellphone accessories but also included.

Yeah, so that's my brief and comprehensive review on the earphones. I am really happy with the purchase. If there is one thing I dislike but I am nitpicking now is the design. The arms going around your ears may look funny for some. Oh, I almost forgot I can wear my helmet when I am using them with no interference.

My 1-week Review On The SENSO ActivBuds S-250

Let me start by saying I was quite sceptical before buying these as I have never heard about the brand before. Nevertheless, I don't regret my decision at all and will happily recommend these sports earphones for anyone else.

OK, I did not buy these online. I bought it from my favourite and best PC-related forum, Carbonite. But you can get them yourself directly from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G8JO5F2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ARPIYK3SDA5US&psc=1

The total price will be R440 as of writing this. Not bad but remember you won't have a warranty. For the price you pay I'd say it's fine. Different story if it was an R2000+ set of earphones.

Sound Quality & Performance

Very impressed to be honest! I am using a Creative Sound BlasterX H5 at home which is basically triple the price. Yes, I know it is not an apples to apples comparison but it will act as a baseline. I also borrowed my sister's JBL Tune110BT for the test.

The Creative is very flat but super clear, while both the JBL and SENSO packs more punch in the bass department. Personally, I feel on high volume the JBL's make my ear sore in terms of the vocals, they are very high pitched.

I still feel the sound stage is much better on the Creative's but comparing the two on the song (Old Time Road - Remix) the SENSO's bass just made it more alive, something the Creative cannot live up to.

Battery life is also not bad at all for a set of wireless earphones - eight hours and I'll say they are spot on.

As you all know who Zwift, you sweat even with fans. I am not a heavy sweater when riding outside but indoors is a different story, especially my arms and forehead. The concern I have with the Tune110BT is that they aren't officially sweat-resistant hence why halfway through my workout I ditched them when I starting sweating tremendously (did not want to break my sister's earphones). With the SENSO they are IPX7 waterproof rated the same as your Apple Watch, so if you start raining or you shower when it, you will be fine. Not that I will test out the last part but anyhow. I all done a few sessions on Zwift and got no issues at all with connectivity or shorting out thanks to the Bluetooth V4 on the earphones. One concern to me was my earholes, I was afraid that it will get very hot and not able to breathe, not the case with the SENSO. I did a 1h45min workout with no problems. Not only listening to music? They are perfect for podcasts as well. I use them to listen to the TrainerRoad podcasts when cleaning my bike or for more easier days on the trainer.

Build Quality

Look you pay for what you get. It's plastic but super sturdy and robust. The buttons do feel cheap but get the job done. Holding in the SENSO logo powers on/off the earphones, while holding the volume +/- will skip the track.

I am actually glad they went with plastic because it is really light not like my H5's which is quite heavy. But again, different use purposes - one for gaming/general music listen and the other purely for sports.

Comfort

This is a tricky one and it will apply to the person using it. For me, it is comfortable. I had them in my ears for three hours and forgot about them. As stated previously I removed the silicone ear tips and replaced them with the foam.

Packaging

For R450, it is really good! You get a carry case which is very helpful for travelling (something you only get with the more premium headphones/earphones). In the box is the following:

- The Earphones

- Eartips (three pairs, small/medium/large and the foam ear tips)

- Carrying Case

- Cellphone Card Wallet

- Cellphone Car Mount

The last two items are more cellphone accessories but also included.

Yeah, so that's my brief and comprehensive review on the earphones. I am really happy with the purchase. If there is one thing I dislike but I am nitpicking now is the design. The arms going around your ears may look funny for some. Oh, I almost forgot I can wear my helmet when I am using them with no interference.

Cool, thanks a lot. Is there perhaps a possibility to buy a pair from you?

Cool, thanks a lot. Is there perhaps a possibility to buy a pair from you?

Unfortunately not but if you do not feel comfortable with Amazon, you can use the following:

https://www.scottshipping.co.za/

He does importing of anything. Of course, he will add his own amount for his trouble.

Send him a quote request and take it from there.

Edited by Andrew_Smith

some decent specials on version of these at sportsmans warehouse n the yellow ticket sale currently (branch dependant)

Thank you Furbz for your detailed reply.

Those earphones really do look. But the thing is, I will be using it for early Zwift sessions not to disturb the rest of the household as well. So would like something that can block out the surroundings and also to get into the groove with my playlist.

That being said, I got an offer for Samsung Galaxy buds for R1500 brand new with shipping included.

The reviews looks very good! But the only thing that bothers me is that I am using a Xiaomi phone and not a Samsung. Just like the EarPods, these will work best with Samsung phones.

But with that being said, I use the Samsung Gear S2 Sport with my phone no worries at all.

So maybe I should invest in them?

I did saw the Ambient Noise, looks pretty epic! Will definitely help with the evening commutes.

I gave my pods to my son, who has an iPhone. Bluetooth is bluetooth.

Not an inter-racial affair having a Xiaomi with Samsung

I gave my pods to my son, who has an iPhone. Bluetooth is bluetooth.

Not an inter-racial affair having a Xiaomi with Samsung

I hear you but I watched the review of the Samsung Galaxy Buds from LinusTechTips and Linus complained about connectivity problems/dropping signal with the Pixel 3 and iPhone XR if I am not mistaken.

I also saw in quite a few reviews stating the connectivity issue on other phones, hence why is it better to use a Samsung device. But with that being said, I heard some struggling with connection even on a S7.

Hence why I did not want to risk paying R1500 and then stumble across issues.

But in the end, I got the SENSO's for more than a fraction of the price and works like a bomb!

Edited by Andrew_Smith

I hear you but I watched the review of the Samsung Galaxy Buds from LinusTechTips and Linus complained about connectivity problems/dropping signal with the Pixel 3 and iPhone XR if I am not mistaken.

I also saw in quite a few reviews stating the connectivity issue on other phones, hence why is it better to use a Samsung device. But with that being said, I heard some struggling with connection even on a S7.

Hence why I did not want to risk paying R1500 and then stumble across issues.

But in the end, I got the SENSO's for more than a fraction of the price and works like a bomb!

Where did you get them from?