Attakwas 16 Jan 2016 - 10th edition of SA's premier and toughest 1-day race

nathrix

From twitter:

Attakwas Extreme MTB @attakwas

On the 1st of June 2015 entries will open for the 10th edition of SA's premier and toughest 1-day race. #HellOfTheSouth

http://www.atta.co.za/images/home/photo_2.jpg

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please post the route profile, did my first one this year and was hoping to clap off some serious time next year. The new route will not make it happen, however I`m for a 10 year edition.

Voted for 135km route, whats the difference though ? more of first 60km or the rolling gravel roads ? Also would pay a bit extra for a nice hoodie or top

My first ever atta was in 2010. The route was changed/shortened in 2011 when it was included as a UCI sanctioned event for international riders because of some rules or something to that, think it was deemed to be too long. The original 135 km route was the one in green (2010) which i overlaid with the 2011 route in red. The 1st snapshot is one i made of this year's route (2015). 

post-4329-0-92414000-1425474664_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-44404800-1425474673_thumb.jpg

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Voted for 135km route, whats the difference though ? more of first 60km or the rolling gravel roads ? Also would pay a bit extra for a nice hoodie or top

More of first 60km on jeep track/single track. I would also be prepared to pay a bit extra for a nice hoodie as an extra option on the entries  :thumbup:  

Please post the route profile, did my first one this year and was hoping to clap off some serious time next year. The new route will not make it happen, however I`m for a 10 year edition.

Me too...

My first ever atta was in 2010. The route was changed/shortened in 2011 when it was included as a UCI sanctioned event for international riders because of some rules or something to that, think it was deemed to be too long. The original 135 km route was the one in green (2010) which i overlaid with the 2011 route in red. The 1st snapshot is one i made of this year's route (2015). 

Same here, my first one was in 2010 when it was 135km.  My average speed for that one remains higher than for the other three 121km editions I did.  Must have been beacause I was super scared of the first one.

Would be interesting to know why some voted no to the original 135km route. Either way, still one of the best organized and hardest one day events on the local calendar.