Cape Town Cycle Tour will go ahead, detour route now 47km

carbon29er

Apologies if I have missed it but does anyone know how the finish will work? I am not clear from Rhodes Drive back to Greenpoint.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we arrive there on Sunday as planned.

Start when they say start and then see what happens?

It its fast, ride fast and enjoy your fastest Argus/CTCT ever

If its slow, smile and wave boys

Amazing how so many people are getting their panties in a knot, and it seems like its mostly the Slaapstad guys

hey its the one time of the year everyone *cough cough .. its the smoke* is an expert ... :ph34r:

This close to the event with the volume of logistics etc .... it's easy to second guess ANY decision the organisers would have made.

Maybe they actually should have just cancelled the event, full stop. Because no matter what change or route decisions, there would be bitching that they should have, could have. 
If people are THAT precious about it, get dressed in full fire fighting gear and ride the 47kays.

Apologies if I have missed it but does anyone know how the finish will work? I am not clear from Rhodes Drive back to Greenpoint.

Okes from Cape Town will explain shortly that it will be extremely hard, congested, windy etc etc etc

You will enter Strand Street, then right into Adderley and left into Hand Strijdom into Helen Suzman into Green Point

People seem to forget that the M3 is "FREEWAY" just like the N1 N2

It's a Mmmmmunicipal road, not a Nnnnnnational or Rrrrrregional sorry Rrrrrrural road. 

Edited by El Capitan

How about we arrive there on Sunday as planned.

Start when they say start and then see what happens?

It its fast, ride fast and enjoy your fastest Argus/CTCT ever

If its slow, smile and wave boys

Amazing how so many people are getting their panties in a knot, and it seems like its mostly the Slaapstad guys

LOL, like that - I do.

That's not very 'PC'....We prefer the term 'thongs'...and I for one like to wear my 'thong' like Kriss Kross  - back to front!!! 

Starting to think that this forum is looking for a KOP (King Of Pessimism) - forget KOM...

This close to the event with the volume of logistics etc .... it's easy to second guess ANY decision the organisers would have made.

Maybe they actually should have just cancelled the event, full stop. Because no matter what change or route decisions, there would be bitching that they should have, could have.

If people are THAT precious about it, get dressed in full fire fighting gear and ride the 47kays.

A bigger problem would have been 30 odd thousand riders doing their own rides on the day. The more I look at the situation, the more the decision makes sense.

................Amazing how so many people are getting their panties in a knot, and it seems like its mostly the Slaapstad guys

It's mainly because a lot of people can type faster than they can read or think. :cursing:

(I'm bloody grumpy today, must be all the smoke I inhaled the past few days ;) )

It's mainly because a lot of people can type faster than they can read or think. :cursing:

(I'm bloody grumpy today, must be all the smoke I inhaled the past few days ;) )

:clap: , I had to read that twice cause I thought you said type faster than they can drink.

Don't you have fire insurance for your business? I do and if it burns I make a lot of money

Holier than thou are we..

This is the most pathetic and selfish argument i have ever heard, go crawl under a rock and stay there.

Absofrickenlutely

Just because you think you're right doesn't make you right and to spew venom at other opinions is, childish

Jissus, but there are many stupid, ignorant selfish, uncaring, self centered, short sighted, dumb arseholes that cycle. Reading some of the posts above, I feel ashamed for their sake! Please, all of you negativity suckers, stay at home on Sunday and watch the rest of us do an amazing, unique, friendly, positive ride in solidarity with each other, Cape Town and its' fire fighters.

A man with reason who lives upcountry.

So I will ask you directly. I know you have read all the posts (and added your vote)

1. Did my point come across that badly ?

2. Was it wrong to expect more of them than a shortened route ?