Link Fenix 2 and Watt bike

Raggy

Hi

So I took the plunge and got myself a Fenix 2. I wanted to link it to the Watt bike at Virgin active. When I try it indicates multiple sensors. I know this is because of the other bikes around

Anyone know a way to pair the watt bike and Fenix 2 using the ANT+ ID shown on the watt bike screen. Manual input.

I have looked through the owners manual and cant seem to find anything

Wow. not one view or reply.

A question so difficult people were too scared to even look? :whistling:

I know you could do it on the Edge 500 (and the other Edge units I'm sure)

Not sure about the Fenix

Have you tried asking Garmin SA?

I havent asked Garmin yet.

Figure there may be a couple of Tech savy geniuses lurking around here.

I found info for the edge 500 but nothing for Fenix 2.

• 3 months later...

I just bought the Fenix 3.

I will try the set up tomorrow. I have my edge 500 set up already on my wattbike at the lab, I will try and set it to search for power sensor on my Fenix. 

I do it with my 910XT, when you get on one of the bikes, just start pedaling and when the wattbike LCD display is working look for the number at the very bottom centre of the screen, that is the ID of the bike you are on sensors.

Then go to settings on your F2 and manually set the sensor number to correspond with that number on the screen, if the number is something like 0011432, then set up your F2 settings to 11432. You will need to do that for both speed/cadence and then again for the Power.

Once your F2 settings are set, you are good to go, start just ride on the bike and start on the F2, data should be the same.

You have to manually do it to make sure you get the right wattbike sensor as at my gym there are 3 bikes next to each other as auto search does not always pick up the right one. Takes about 2 mins to manually set the sensor info on your F2 ( or in my case the 910XT)

I have my wattbike set up as Bike2 On my 910XT and it will keep all the sensor info for future use. Just remember though that if you use another wattbike (as the one you originally setup is in use) you have to manually setup the sensor info on your F2 for the new bike.

Once you get the hang of it, is pretty quick and easy to do

Hope it helps

Edited by shaper