Broken MAVIC Cossmax ST

Abnormaload!

Is there anyone in Pretoria that can help out here. Spoke pulled out of the rim this morning, and I need to have this fixed by the morning.

Any suggestions?

post-5743-0-02104300-1425620093_thumb.jpgpost-5743-0-14659400-1425620116_thumb.jpgpost-5743-0-75111000-1425620146_thumb.jpg

IMO replacement is the only option

Agree, and if someone manages to fix this, it will definitely not be by the morning

I have no issue with replacing! Do I have to do the whole wheel, rim and hub, or can I get a rim somewhere in Pretoria, and someone to re-build?

I have no issue with replacing! Do I have to do the whole wheel, rim and hub, or can I get a rim somewhere in Pretoria, and someone to re-build?

Take it to your local bike shop and let them contact the Mavic dealer.

But the quickest way to fix this is to just buy a new rim and let someone build your old hub and spokes onto the new rim. Then if you have insurance, try and claim the broken rim from them

If you call 121kg's abnormal..

The weight limit on these wheels with kit included is 100kg. So maybe these wheels are the wrong ones for you?

Any other rim than an exact Mavic replacement could mean - new rim, new spokes, new nipples and possibly new hub. Stick with Mavic for now unless you have ++budget.

What rims would anyone recommend?

Go for a new wheel.  Good hub, 36 spokes - especially if it is a 29" and a strong rim.  You will have to get it built.  To replace that rim ( if you can get the exact one) will take a while and then you will still have the same problem.  If you would like me to quote for you send me an email or 'phone.